This past week was a good one progress wise. I could even manage to work on a stitch on SSS challenge. I am working on the last colour -beige on this plum cotton tunic, hoping to complete it by tomorrow.
WIPW231-pltch-7
The kutchwork elements on the grey striped tunic were worked with the same bright orange thread. This is definitely a change from chain stitches!
WIPW231-grortku-3
Grey cotton tunic with chikan embroidery
The full design with motif repeats was drawn on graph paper. My friend wanted one colour-cream to be used for the shadow work. The complete design was traced onto the reverse side of the grey cotton tunic with white craft pencil. I was very eager to see the outcome of this embroidery, so enthusiastically completed one motif.
WIPW231-gycottchi-2
This motivated me to work on a stitch on SSS challenge too.

 

After completing the blue tussar for my friend [she also worked on it] with beads, this week passed with working on plum cotton tunic.
The chain stitch on other side with the same thread was completed yesterday, tomorrow is another thread.
WIPW229-pltch-5
I have a bright orange tights which matched with an old black tunic with Kashmiri embroidery.
WIPW229-blortka-1
This embroidery was cut and stitched onto another tunic few months ago.
WIPW215-blamulticolkasht-1
Now this tunic goes well with black tights.
A tunic needs to be designed to match with orange tights. A striped grey hand loom fabric seems to match along with an orange checked handloom fabric. The tailor is marking the neck for embroidery.

I am drawing a design with kutchwork and mirrorwork elements.
WIPW229-grortku-1

This past week was not very productive. It was hard to find time to sit and stitch continuously. The navy blue cotton tunic was completed and is with the tailor now.
In this Aqua green fabric, the main thread is white. After working the upright cross stitches over the aqua green black work motif, short straight stitches were worked along the border.
WIPW224-wgtct-5
These straight stitches are used to work thick white thread through them. It is a combination of Pekinese stitch and Kashmiri couching stitch. Pekinese stitch is worked over back stitch without a stitch to secure the curve, in Kashmiri stitch the thicker thread is couched, in this way, with the thinner thread. I am yet to practice on that couching technique. Hence this short cut method.
WIPW224-wgtct-6
After working the fly stitch variations around the square, short chain stitches are worked with the same thread along the border.
WIPW224-bpcretfse-7
I can’t take a break from chain stitch I suppose.

This week went with the works on tunics.
I am still in the mode of changing the colours of the kutchwork black yoke. The blue colour was changed to yellow. This project was restarted with changing the blue colour, somehow green preceded it. I have started with changing the blue on the other side today.
WIPW220-blaykk-4
After filling with blue thread on this gold neckline, I started working isolated fly stitch variation with green novelty thread.
WIPW220-bpcretfse-5
Some more stems were worked with chain stitch on this navy tunic.
WIPW220-ncotka-6
Now that I am getting more friendly with my computer, I would like to post the details of the finished projects of this year.

Project work seems to be increasing. The routine is to buy fabrics from India, design and work the embroideries, then they are given to the tailor to be sewn as tunic sets or blouses. This was going well till the projects were small or medium.
Now the projects are taking more time, the stitch challenges were not started for the past few weeks.
Some thinking and planning are in order. A new year resolution may be?
After swapping the border onto another tunic, a small border of triangles made of herringbone stitches with chain stitch was worked very near to the attached border.
WIPW201-blaikmirt-7
This is another tunic in satin silk, which came from the tailor yesterday. Small heart shaped pearl beads can be put to use.
WIPW201-lorasatsit-1
The bluish green fabric is some type of tussar silk saree bought from FabIndia during this recent trip. The navy fabric is raw silk for the blouse. The embroidery work will be on the sleeves of the blouse.
WIPW201-navymetb-1

Another late post. It was hard to sit in front of the computer during the holidays. Stitch wise it was okay. I could work on an idea and started on the next stitch sampler on SSS challenge.

After working awhile with peach thread, had this notion it might outdo the green, so started working with a golden colour thread inside the flower. It looks better for the time being. The next three days are filled with tradition based religious activities. Hoping to restart stitching from Tuesday.
WIPW187-creamtust-10

Weekend before last we returned from Chennai, India. It was not possible to do any embroidery there.
After returning, I restarted with the SSS challenge stitches. Since it is catching up mode, the explorations are quite short. Once the details of the stitch samplers are posted on the blog, I might start with this month’s Beyond TAST challenge.