I went to Chennai, India for two weeks. It was a whirlwind trip. A wonderful combination of spiritual, religious, social and shopping. The embroidery was not even looked at during this period. After returning to Muscat, first started with the Randje per week challenge 2015 catching up.

WIPW61-RPW2015

WIPW61-RPW2015

Shopping included some handloom fabrics for tunics, of course! This tunic is printed soft cotton, with cotton crepe salwar.

WIPW61-whipinkgreent1

WIPW61-whipinkgreent1

With an urge to use a contrast fabric as yoke for this tunic, a striped mangalagiri green fabric was chosen. The idea is to use the stripes as base for linear stitches, started with zigzag back stitch and chain stitch outline.

WIPW61-whipinkgreent-2

WIPW61-whipinkgreent-2

An idea to revive the kutchwork border designs which were drawn in the year 1992 has created another activity now. The process of coping these designs [the papers became old] started 3 days ago.

WIPW61-kutchborders1

WIPW61-kutchborders1

Advertisements

This weekly post is where we account our works in progress through this support group initiated by SharonB on Pintangle. To see others progress visit this site.
Another two edges were completed on Randje per week challenge.

29.wipwednesdays-rpw-27,28

29.wipwednesdays-rpw-27,28

The kutch work embroidery was worked on the Greek border pattern.

29.wipwednesdays-gbt-2

29.wipwednesdays-gbt-2

I completed the beaded barb stitch sampler which is detailed here.
After working the herringbone stitches with pink silk thread on this border pattern, the same stitch is being used to fill the triangles with pale yellow cotton skein.

29.wipwednesdays-yt-2

29.wipwednesdays-yt-2

An interesting week of working on these projects.

To understand how the posting this work in progress is helpful, visit Pintangle. I completed last week’s TAST stitch.
The hussif was taken out and kept back, when a mistake was found on the black work filling. It’ll be hard enough to pull out the waste canvas, so the option to rectify the mistake is out, just have to think of something to work over the flaw.
The black yoke was completed with phukari embroidery.

19.wipwednesdays-whgreytunic3

19.wipwednesdays-whgreytunic3

The earlier worked edges were completed on Randje per week challenge.

19.wipwednesdays-rpw 13,14

19.wipwednesdays-rpw 13,14

The yellow tunic with chanderi silk cotton sleeves in its full glory.

19.wipwednesdays-yctunic

19.wipwednesdays-yctunic

Gujarati ethnic embroidery  was drawn for a  cream tunic with  multi coloured striped salwar fabric. The tailor has to mark the place for front and sleeves. The routine of working on the journal was maintained this week.