The stitch challenges are not started at all. I really need to work on them.
Projects
The work on cream fabric for the same colour chiffon tunic continued this week too. There are five similar panels in the shape of a long cone. These panels will be attached to the chiffon tunic on two shoulders, neck and sleeves. Stitches are simple -stem, leaf and straight stitches. Stones will also be stitched. At this stage, the first panel is nearing completion.
WIPW212-creabluts-3
The work on the sleeves of neutral tussar tunic progressed a little bit.
WIPW212-neutusstz-3
After tracing the border on the cream silk cotton fabric for the striped tussar tunic, the work started with chain stitch outline in dark maroon silk thread. This following week I will be working on this neckline embroidery.
WIPW212-creatussnt-2

Advertisements

Projects
The work with peach thread and stones was completed. It is good to start small projects running along with long projects. The enthusiasm does not diminish during long projects because of these small ones. Over the week, the work on this cream fabric with blue silk thread continued.
WIPW211-creabluts-2
I also started the work on neutral colour tussar with gold metallic thread. Both the projects will take a lot of time.
WIPW211-neutusstz-2
It is time to work a small project. This striped fabric is also tussar silk. A simple neck design was drawn. And the same was traced on to cream colour silk cotton fabric. More details on next post.

WIPW211-creatussnt-1

 

I am working only on projects this week.
Another idea is tried out on navy blouse. The paisleys are filled with closed herringbone stitch with variegated metallic thread. The initial idea was to fill these in chain stitch, realizing the time taken for this project, decided to fill with closed herringbone. One motif done! 5 more to go.
WIPW208-navymetb-5
The work on cream chiffon tunic started with tracing of the neck line on cream silk cotton fabric. Circles were drawn to work flowers. 7 detached chains and fly stitches are worked on the circles. This stitch arrangement is still in progress. The picture quality is not very clear.
WIPW208-creapeatz-2
I also found a lost project which I was searching for quite some time. This was a saree project. A few motifs were traced on one end of the saree, where it is draped over the left shoulder. This is called the pallu [Hindi] or thalippu [Tamil] of the saree. This saree was hidden in the wardrobe all this time.
WIPW166-phucreamsar-1

Yesterday I had gone out, so the progress during the week is posted today. Stitch challenges are kept aside this week. The projects are keeping me occupied.
Variegated silk thread is used to work the straight stitches around the centre of each motif.
wipw205-blublazt-3
After working bluish green silk thread on black fabric, an idea to outline the motifs on the blouse with the same thread occurred, and I started working on it.
wipw205-navymetb-4
So many things to do this week, with a new stitches on Beyond TAST challenge and SSS challenge.

 

This week the progress is on the projects. This week’s SSS challenge stitch is interesting. It is an Indian stitch, but I don’t know it was. It will be good to study this stitch.
The work on navy blue blouse does take quite a lot of time. Just checking how an idea of stitching a  variegated silk thread which goes with the saree colour  would work out. It seems nice.
wipw204-navymetb-3
Taking a break from the blouse, the sleeves of the crepe tunic was started on black fabric. The idea is to work the embroidery is silk thread, so this black fabric seems ideal. Started with back stitch outlines and chain stitch with single strand of silk thread.
wipw204-blublazt-2
Beyond TAST stitches till now have been already worked stitches.

This was a productive week. Project work is moving slowly, but it is moving. I also started working on latest SSS challenge stitches. The Beyond TAST challenge stitches till yesterday, were already  worked before on earlier TAST challenges.
The navy blouse has three medium size motifs on each sleeve. I have few brocade blouses for sarees. These are quite good, but simplicity does not coexist with brocade. So an embroidery which can represent subtle idea of brocade is the theme here. The work so far is slow, but feeling satisfied-
wipw203-navymetb-2
This is the bluish green crepe fabric, for which a small border was drawn last week, the border pattern was traced on to the black fabric. When this project will be started, depends on the progress of the navy blue blouse, if that work becomes monotonous, I can start on this project. This design has stones and zardosi beads.

wipw2013-blubllazt-1

 

 

Happy New Year!
Last week my computer was not helpful.

My husband had cataract surgery done on his left eye on Sunday. He is recovering now.

Sharon is on the second stitch on Beyond TAST, SSS challenge also started on this Sunday. I am still waiting to start. The two stitches on Beyond TAST were worked before, so can be tried later too. The stitches on SSS challenge seem easy and inviting, they have to be learned and worked.
Two tunics were completed last week.
After working a row of chain stitch on the edge of the neckline, a single square mirrors was stitched on to this white and black tunic with stripes.
wipw202-blaimirt-8
Small heart shaped pearls novelty beads were stitched on to the satin silk tunic.
wipw202-lorasatsit-2
This week, chain stitch with gold metallic thread was started on this navy blue blouse sleeves. Six similar motifs have to be worked in this blouse project.
wipw202-navymetb-2
A border design  for a bluish green crepe tunic was drawn on black fabric yesterday.