The cross stitch border patterns are completed on this red aida fabric. As usual the tunic and the borders were given to the tailor for sewing.
The fully finished tunic now looks like this-

 

white and red tunic

 

another picture with the both yoke and the sleeves-

white and red tunic -2

Three medium sized pleats were stitched on both sides if the yoke. the close up of the yoke-

white and red tunic -closeup

I have worn this tunic a few times, either with leggings or salwar. Most of my tunics, have an Indian look, because of the ethnic embroidery I work on them, but this tunic is different, the cross stitch embroidery and the pattern  are not from India.

After completing the yoke for this white tunic, I started with the sleeves. the centre pattern of the yoke was not worked in the sleeves. Other than that, the same floral border pattern is worked in cross stitch.
The WIP on the sleeves-

white and red tunic -WIP sleeves

 

The completed border on the sleeves-

white and red tunic- sleeves

The yoke and sleeves before being attached to the tunic looks like this.

white and red tunic - yoke and sleeves

The tunic on my next post.

After working with light golden colour skein, the florals are worked in half-white colour thread.
Only these two colour threads are used to work this cross stitch border pattern on this tunic. I completed the yoke first, and then started on the sleeves. The yoke with WIP of the florals-

white and red tunic-WIPyoke

The cross stitch pattern on the  yoke, when completed looks like this-

white and red tunic- yoke closeup

 

The working of the sleeves on my next post.

I worked cross stitch pattern from an antique cross stitch E-book on red aida cloth. This red was actually too bright for the half-white tunic fabric. After seeing some ethnic tunics, which had this bright red embroidery on white tunics, I thought , this might work out fine.
I started the cross stitches with light golden colour cotton skein . which was seen on my last post.
The next stage –

white and red tunic -WIP2

the pattern is still continued with the same golden colour thread-

white and red tunic- WIP3

this is the yoke part.More on my next post.

I had this linen fabric in half- white. For this I wanted to do a cross stitch patch for yoke and sleeves. The idea came from seeing some tunic designs. I did not have red and white combination in tunic. Generally red is quite common in Indian fabrics, we keep stumbling upon red colour in every other corner. I try not use red, but an exception ws made for this tunic. After seeing some ethnic European tunics, I decided to use red colour aida cloth for working the cross stitch.
The pattern was taken from one of the e-books down loaded from antique pattern library.the same border pattern is used for both yoke and sleeves. I just altered the pattern to suit the curve on the yoke White and light gold colour thread were used to work the cross stitch. I did not want to use too many colour contrasts in this project.
The yoke started like this-

white and red tunic- WIP1

I have developed a reaction to the summer sun, a viral infection with unknown cause, is manifested as  an allergy – lots of irritation on my eyes, ears and neck.Very inconveneint  too. 

 now getting on with my post-
I was thinking of ideas to use embroidery, crochet and tatting on doilies.
Then an idea of making a oval doily interested me.
The idea-
To embroider in cross stitch, create a new design, to use red colour.
The aida cloth was perfect for it.
The design , I mix and matched some of my own cross stitch patterns,Used the font from a cross stitch book. I had heard that some stitch diploma students tried presenting other people’s work , to get their certificate, to avert their interest, I embroidered the year also.
Later I decided not leave my projects with strangers.
I was still an internet novice in 2005 . Inspiration was minimal. The finished doily-

cross stitch doily- oval

I am still thinking of attaching a border- made with lace or crocheted or tatted. after 6 years, That is yet to happen!

I am fond of of kashmiri embroidery done in single strand.
Inthis type of embroidery,After working on the traced pattern,the empty spaces in between are also covered with straight , fly stitches .
The finished embroidery looks as if it is done on appliquéd cloth.But also looks like it is part of the base fabric[like jamevar shawls etc]
Coming back to my inspiration, I tried doing this on blouse[saree] sleeves.
I did the whole thing in single strand, used the same stitches, but failed to fill the empty spaces[I understood that later, after seeing many samples. HEE!HEE!]
Now I have with me a blouse which is embroidered with some motifs!
I call it Kashmiri embroidery for a simple reason-it inspired me!
This blouse was for a cream printed silk saree.
The coffee brown blouse material is silk cotton.

motifs on brown blouse

brown blouse close up

it sure took a long time to complete this , I aged doing this.