We are having Ramadhan holidays now. It is a leisurely routine this past week. It is a day late to post this week’s progress.
It was revision week on SSS challenge. The new stitch of this week is yet to be explored. The TAST challenge stitches were worked earlier.
Projects
After working the outline stitches in chain stitch with various violet threads, outlining the flower started this week. These flowers will later be filled with zardosi tubes.
WIPW138-msilkzardosi-4
On the kutchwork and other embroidery stitches on the neck line for this blue block printed tunic, some progress was made. The outlines were worked in black thread. the triangles are outlined in back stitch with dark red thread.
WIPW138-blublot-kutch-4
I am hoping to complete the bead work around the neck on green benarasi georgette tunic this week.
Many tunic projects are there to be designed, still my evenings are spent browsing the net for tatting patterns. An idea of designing kutchwork patterns based on kolams [decorative designs drawn with powder on floor during festivals] has been brewing in mind for some time. This is an interesting project, but will consume a lot of time. Still dreaming about the possibilities gives pleasure.

Embroidery is now part of daily schedule. The fasting during the day for Ramadhan started on Saturday. And the summer is in full swing. It is s hardship for people who are fasting this year.
I worked on vault stitch on SSS challenge and didn’t have to work on TAST challenge, because it was worked earlier.
Projects
The cross stitch pattern on sleeves for this polyester linen tunic was completed and the fabrics are with the tailor.
WIPW134-nbluepolinencross-5
After working the white stones, I started with green and gold zardosi beads for green benarasi georgette tunic. Cutting the zardosi beads and working the embroidery takes a little time.
WIPW134-benagreen zardosi-4
Being summer, Designing embroidery for some cotton tunics would be better. So that they can be worn this summer itself.
Had written this post on Wednesday. But could post it only today.
Update- I have just started working on whipped running stitch sampler

This embroidery was done a few years ago.
The fabric-Grayish brown mercerized cotton,the salwar[Indian pants] red handloom cotton.both are plain fabrics.
Pattern- very simple floral pattern. At that time I was quite fond of these patterns.
A small part of the neckline pattern went along for the sleeves also[which is not seen here]
Embroidery- stem stitch for the veins and satin stitch for the flowers.the whole thing was done with three strands of cotton skein.

brown& red tunic-1

The closeup-

brown&red tunic-closeup

I had adopted this particular floral [satin] for a few of my yokes.
when I wanted to draw a paisley pattern, I even filled it up with this flowers. Easy to work,and looks nice too.
I did the same flowers on this  pink tunic  too.