This beaded neck pattern was especially designed for my niece. She [Gayathri] loves maroon colour and antique gold beads.
The pattern-

gbeads on maroon-pattern

gbeads on maroon-pattern

The embroidery – chain stitch outlines, back stitch were worked with antique gold metallic thread and silk threads.

gbeads on maroon-emb

gbeads on maroon-emb

The sequins with round beads detail-

gbeads on maroon-sequins

gbeads on maroon-sequins

Detail of the round beads around the neck

gbead on maroon-round beads

gbead on maroon-round beads

Edging with oval beads details-

gbeads on maroon neck-oval beads

gbeads on maroon neck-oval beads

The neck-

gold beads on maroon neck design

gold beads on maroon neck design

I did not buy the tunic, because she wanted do the matching on her own.

It is getting harder to name the tunics for reference. This tunic fabric is block printed cotton. I am not sure whether it is handloom or not.

majenta mirror work neck-fabric

majenta mirror work neck-fabric

I was inspired  seeing some neck patterns with simple shapes filled in one or many colours on some dresses.  To this idea,I also wanted to incorporate mirrors as another element. The result was this neck pattern.

majenta mirror work neck-pattern

majenta mirror work neck-pattern

The embroidery was done on black. Cotton strand, silk and metallic threads of same colour was used for embroidery and black thread was used to fix the mirrors. I had one spool of metallic thread of this colour which I started to use, then realized that the spool had given an illusion of lengthy thread. This created an anxiety and doubt of finishing this project with that thread. But it was just sufficient and it also taught me lesson about that particular style of threads. The tunic

majenta mirror work neck-tunic

majenta mirror work neck-tunic

The neck detail

majenta mirror work neck-detail

majenta mirror work neck-detail

I like this tunic.

The embroidery on the maroon fabric for the brocade yoke was then embellished with sequins. That is the reason I used gold colour thread for the embroidery.

In the picture the background fabric is the tunic-

The brocade fabric is placed in the middle-

The completed embroidered border is also seen here-

maroon yoke

the picture of the tunic is not available.

Last year I bought a few synthetic fabrics to be sewn as tunics. This is one of them.

The material was double coloured  chiffon. I had also bought some brocade fabric  at that time.

 The idea was to embroider a small  u-shaped border pattern which will  go around the brocade yoke .

 The tunic colour was a mixture of pink and maroon.

 So the embroidery was done on maroon cloth. The colours used were pink and gold.

maroon yoke-1

 

The close up of the embroidery-

maroon yoke-cl;ose up

 

The completed border on my next post.

 

This cross stitch neck pattern was in a pattern book bought in India.
It was done on white tunic.
This fabric is mauve colour semi-tussar ,bought in Kalpadruma, Chennai.
Waste canvas was used to embroider this cross stitch pattern on neck and sleeves.
Four strands of Dark pink and white colour threads were used.
The tunic-

croos stitch neck pattern

 

cross stitch neck pattern-closeup

I had to dry wash this fabric, which I did not know then.So, the original texture of the tunic was lost. It looked well worn after the first wash!
Keep learning new lessons everyday, that’s my policy.[hiding that I was stupid]

The tunic is silk chiffon in grey ,with light blue flowers. This tunic is designed to be worn over a sleeveless t-shirt in dark blue. So the embroidery is executed in dark blue fabric. The pattern is – small motif repeated along a line.
The whole embroidery is chain stitch in single strand.,the colours are grey and light blue.-anchor cotton skeins.

Grey tunic

The seed beads are added to enhance the embroidery.  here is the close up-

Grey tunic-close up

For some time, I  had the idea of  doing a whole project in satin stitch.The inspiration came from seeing-persian/chinese/chinai embroidery on some designer satin silk sarees.The embroidery is done in single colour.This time, it was aneck pattern , not the usual yoke pattern.I had a pink salwar[I ndian tunic pants]. The fabric was a chiffon in a very dark blue.It is not possible[ or just plain hard] to do satin st on chiffon. So a blueish pink silk cotton was chosen to do the embroidery.The embroidered piece before attaching to the tunic-

embroidery on neck

The pattern is taken from persian embroidery design, I tilted the motifs to my reqiurements for the neckline.

 The completed tunic-

blue and pink tunic

It looks better in real than in picture!