Somehow time flew away last week before I could write the post on Wednesday. I have been working on some projects. My earlier projects and challenges are set aside for the time being. Few years ago I had made names on towel edgings in cross stitch for my nephews and nieces. Their sons saw these and wanted one for them with their names. They are very young. I thought instead of cross stitch, free style embroidery can be worked. The elder one wanted blue towel.
WIPW215-tob-1
The work is started on this one.
WIPW215-tob-2
The second towel. the younger one wanted a purple towel. I couldn’t get that colour. Designing is completed. I will start after finishing the first one.

WIPW215-top-1
These fabrics are 1 metre each. A tunic is to be made combining these two fabrics.
WIPW215-Greeorcit-1
I have an old yoke, which may be matched with these fabrics. I need to attach some mirrors to go with the green fabric.
WIPW215-Greeorcit-2
This was also an old yoke on black tunic worked with Kashmiri embroidery, this was attached to this variegated tunic fabric.
WIPW215-blamulticolkasht-1
The outline does not look good, planning on filling some places to make it look better. Have to wait and see.
WIPW215-blamulticolkasht-2
I want to learn buttonholed fly stitch [from last week’s SSS challenge] during this week, Seems like an interesting stitch.

 

Advertisements

Happy New Year!
Last week my computer was not helpful.

My husband had cataract surgery done on his left eye on Sunday. He is recovering now.

Sharon is on the second stitch on Beyond TAST, SSS challenge also started on this Sunday. I am still waiting to start. The two stitches on Beyond TAST were worked before, so can be tried later too. The stitches on SSS challenge seem easy and inviting, they have to be learned and worked.
Two tunics were completed last week.
After working a row of chain stitch on the edge of the neckline, a single square mirrors was stitched on to this white and black tunic with stripes.
wipw202-blaimirt-8
Small heart shaped pearls novelty beads were stitched on to the satin silk tunic.
wipw202-lorasatsit-2
This week, chain stitch with gold metallic thread was started on this navy blue blouse sleeves. Six similar motifs have to be worked in this blouse project.
wipw202-navymetb-2
A border design  for a bluish green crepe tunic was drawn on black fabric yesterday.

 

Project work seems to be increasing. The routine is to buy fabrics from India, design and work the embroideries, then they are given to the tailor to be sewn as tunic sets or blouses. This was going well till the projects were small or medium.
Now the projects are taking more time, the stitch challenges were not started for the past few weeks.
Some thinking and planning are in order. A new year resolution may be?
After swapping the border onto another tunic, a small border of triangles made of herringbone stitches with chain stitch was worked very near to the attached border.
WIPW201-blaikmirt-7
This is another tunic in satin silk, which came from the tailor yesterday. Small heart shaped pearl beads can be put to use.
WIPW201-lorasatsit-1
The bluish green fabric is some type of tussar silk saree bought from FabIndia during this recent trip. The navy fabric is raw silk for the blouse. The embroidery work will be on the sleeves of the blouse.
WIPW201-navymetb-1

I am still working on tunic projects.
The black ikat tunic was attached with the mirror work border. The border was sewn slightly away from the neck, and looks like the embroidered piece was not showing well on this black ikat fabric.
WIPW200-blaikmirt-5
I asked the tailor to take the piece away and attach it to another short top made of two fabrics. This time the piece was part of neck. May need some more embroidery, still thinking about it. These days, my tailor is sewing fancy necks for the back also!
WIPW200-blaikmirt-6
The kutchwork on this black tunic with printed border was completed. Now mirrors- to go with the markings or work the mirrors as a part of the motif?
WIPW200-blacrekutt-3
Once these projects are over, two fabrics are ready to be designed. One is a saree blouse, another one is a chiffon fabric for tunic.

I went to India for a week, returned 3 days ago. I am working on Beyond TAST challenge now.
Mirror work will start on this embroidered border. Open chain stitch is worked in white thread and the chain stitch outline in silver thread.
WIPW196-blaikmirt-3

I am back to the stitching routine. The progress on Beyond TAST and SSS Challenges were not much. After working some samples of woven stitches, the search for new ideas started again.
The next two stitches on SSS challenge are easy. Hoping to start on them.
Kashmiri embroidery on Cream tussar tunic was completed and the tunic is with the tailor now.
The new project is mirror work border for this fine cotton ikat fabric.
WIPW195-blaikmirt-1
The design was traced on plain black fabric. The shapes are outlined with 2 shades red thread. This thread is the darker one.
WIPW195-blaikmirt-2
This project has small mirrors.
Drawing and tracing for this project took the time from working on challenges.

This week did not go as I planned. It was a busy week, with matters other than stitching. Time was needed to think, plan and work beyond TAST challenge, which was scarce.
I decided to work on the tunic which was in progress before I left for India. It is nearing completion. The mirrors needed to be stitched in the centres.
WIPW185-vvblugkutcht-3