New monitor was set up on Monday. Images copied from hard disk yesterday. Today I am organisng the folders.
Now for the works in progress in embroidery.
The old kutchwork yoke looked like this before I started removing the beads, sequins and changing the colour.
WIPW219-blaykk-3
It looks like this now, the next step is to replace blue with yellow.
WIPW219-blaykk-2
The front of the neutral tussar silk tunic is being worked now with zardosi beads, pearl beads and sequins.
WIPW219-neutusstz-6
The leaves and stems were worked on the panels of the cream silk cotton fabric for this cream chiffon tunic. Now the progress is on the flowers.
WIPW219-creabluts-5
The neckline embroidery for the printed blue crepe tunic is quite slow, still started with the dark blue thread.
WIPW219-bpcretfse-4
This past week was quite progressive, did some catching up with old UFO’s

Advertisements

I am still working on tunic projects.
The black ikat tunic was attached with the mirror work border. The border was sewn slightly away from the neck, and looks like the embroidered piece was not showing well on this black ikat fabric.
WIPW200-blaikmirt-5
I asked the tailor to take the piece away and attach it to another short top made of two fabrics. This time the piece was part of neck. May need some more embroidery, still thinking about it. These days, my tailor is sewing fancy necks for the back also!
WIPW200-blaikmirt-6
The kutchwork on this black tunic with printed border was completed. Now mirrors- to go with the markings or work the mirrors as a part of the motif?
WIPW200-blacrekutt-3
Once these projects are over, two fabrics are ready to be designed. One is a saree blouse, another one is a chiffon fabric for tunic.

Three projects have been completed this week. The black mirror work border- the tunic fabric and the embroidered border is with the tailor now.
Birthday gift 1- The letter ‘T’ on celtic back ground was completed and has been gifted.
Birthday gift 2- two letters ’D’ and ‘J’ with a cross in between was also completed and given.
The details will be posted later.
Kutch work motifs on sewn black tunic was started.
WIPW199-blacrekutt-2
I had a black cotton tunic embroidered with Kashmiri work. The embroidered piece was taken out from the tunic and attached on to this tunic. I need to work on the outline to make it more neat.
WIPW199-blamulticolkasht-1

This week did not go as I planned. It was a busy week, with matters other than stitching. Time was needed to think, plan and work beyond TAST challenge, which was scarce.
I decided to work on the tunic which was in progress before I left for India. It is nearing completion. The mirrors needed to be stitched in the centres.
WIPW185-vvblugkutcht-3

I am still working on SSS challenge stitches this past week. Two weeks holiday in India starts on this Friday. If a few more stitches are explored before that I would be happy. But stitching without thinking will be an ideal relaxation now. Beyond TAST challenge has one more week.
Cream tussar tunic
I have started working on the last detail of the leaves. After this detail is completed, time to choose the colour for flowers.
WIPW183-creamtust-8
Another design for tunic also was started this week. The tunic is a combination of two purple cotton fabrics, a blue zari border would be attached to the front and sleeves.
WIPW183-vvblugkutcht-1
A light green fabric will have kutchwork motifs around which this border will be attached in the front. After designing the motif, the work was started on the green fabric.
WIPW183-vvblugkutcht-2
The green fabric is small enough to carry on the trip, if I find time to stitch.

The treat idea from last week worked. I could work two stitch samplers on SSS challenge- Knotted running stitch and twisted shell chain stitch. The respective posts will follow
Working on these samplers and projects these few days, could not allot any time for Beyond TSST challenge.
The white and violet combo tunic is nearing completion, a few mirrors and the tunic will be ready to wear.
WIPW178-whitehakviot-3
The work on cream tussar tunic is a lengthy one. It is just chain stitch outlines and chain stitch filling. Generally I take up simple stitches or mono colour on long projects. These save some time. Mind is also calm to learn new things.
WIPW178-creamtust-3
I have seen sarees [length of 5.5 metres] embroidered on borders, and for the embroidery to be seen in front another 2.5 metres will be worked. Earlier it was only, chikan work, kantha work, this Kashmiri work, Persian embroidery, zardosi work, kutchwork… where the stitches are worked by hand. These days we have so many works done commercially. This is a huge industry now. Are they good? That’s a matter of opinion. I am interested in working the older embroideries, I try to work them on tunics, working on sarees will take very long time.

Stitch challenges
An experiment of layered embroidery was attempted over chevron stitch this week. A detail a day was how this sample was worked.
WIPW177-BTAST18-4-5
The interesting stitches of SSS challenge are still waiting this week to be started. It would be better if I start on them today.
Projects
The work on cream tussar tunic –
WIPW177-creamtust-2
The embroidery on violet and white combo tunic started yesterday. Herringbone, kutch work and mirror work will be worked on this.
WIPW177-whitehakviot-2
I have some more time to work on Beyond TAST challenge, keeping the projects aside for the next few days and to work on SSS challenge will keep my mind fresh and energetic. This routine of working same stitches over and over again, is making me very lethargic.
On the other activity side-I have been trying some pickles! [our south Indian pickles are really hot!!!] Started with gooseberry, then lemon the next one in the agenda is raw mango. If I am successful in preparing mango pickle today, then as a treat will work on SSS challenge!