I have worked embroidery on tunics over the years. Not all of them were posted on the blog. I started writing ‘works in progress Wednesdays’ posts from 2014. These tunics were worked before that year. This tunic was worked in 2011.
The pick tunic fabric is cotton. The work was Kashmiri embroidery, the pattern has a motif and a decorative neckline consisting of flowers and paisleys.
pinliltk-pat
The motif was repeated on the hemline and sleeves. Embroidered motif.
pinliltk-em
The embroidered tunic.
pinklilac tunic[kashmiri]

Advertisements

Just as expected, I couldn’t spend much time on my stitching. But it was not household work, but other things which were not conducive for stitching.

My brother’s health is not good. he had a mild Heart attack a few days ago. He needs surgery.
I restarted the blue thread on flowers on this cotton navy tunic. Just a few flowers were worked.
WIPW222-ncotka-8
The same colour thread is used for working more double running stitches. Drawing and tracing the design took a long time on this fabric for white printed mull tunic, the stitching definitely would take a long time too.
WIPW222-wgtct-3
If the stitching work is minimum this week, it wouldn’t be a surprise.

This past few days have been good stitch wise. The SSS challenge looks inviting week by week. I do have to set aside some time for this challenge. I lost tracking Beyond TAST for few weeks, really need to check are there any stitches which were not worked before.
Changing the colour of kutchwork on black yoke was completed. Luckily a mangalagiri fabric may go well with this yoke. A black fabric can also be sewn along with it.
WIPW221-blaykk-5
After completing the stems, a different blue thread was used to work the border around the neck. My friend is not sure about this colour, let me see.
WIPW221-ncotka-7
The neutral colour tussar work is still going off and on. This is a part of one completed sleeve. The other sleeve needs to be worked now.
WIPW221-neutusstz-7
The black work design on bluish green yoke for printed mull tunic was started with the colours from the fabric print, after this white thread will be used predominantly
WIPW221-wgtct-2
The next few days, it seems I might be busy with other house work, so next week’s progress may not be much.

This week went with the works on tunics.
I am still in the mode of changing the colours of the kutchwork black yoke. The blue colour was changed to yellow. This project was restarted with changing the blue colour, somehow green preceded it. I have started with changing the blue on the other side today.
WIPW220-blaykk-4
After filling with blue thread on this gold neckline, I started working isolated fly stitch variation with green novelty thread.
WIPW220-bpcretfse-5
Some more stems were worked with chain stitch on this navy tunic.
WIPW220-ncotka-6
Now that I am getting more friendly with my computer, I would like to post the details of the finished projects of this year.

Somehow time flew away last week before I could write the post on Wednesday. I have been working on some projects. My earlier projects and challenges are set aside for the time being. Few years ago I had made names on towel edgings in cross stitch for my nephews and nieces. Their sons saw these and wanted one for them with their names. They are very young. I thought instead of cross stitch, free style embroidery can be worked. The elder one wanted blue towel.
WIPW215-tob-1
The work is started on this one.
WIPW215-tob-2
The second towel. the younger one wanted a purple towel. I couldn’t get that colour. Designing is completed. I will start after finishing the first one.

WIPW215-top-1
These fabrics are 1 metre each. A tunic is to be made combining these two fabrics.
WIPW215-Greeorcit-1
I have an old yoke, which may be matched with these fabrics. I need to attach some mirrors to go with the green fabric.
WIPW215-Greeorcit-2
This was also an old yoke on black tunic worked with Kashmiri embroidery, this was attached to this variegated tunic fabric.
WIPW215-blamulticolkasht-1
The outline does not look good, planning on filling some places to make it look better. Have to wait and see.
WIPW215-blamulticolkasht-2
I want to learn buttonholed fly stitch [from last week’s SSS challenge] during this week, Seems like an interesting stitch.

 

Three projects have been completed this week. The black mirror work border- the tunic fabric and the embroidered border is with the tailor now.
Birthday gift 1- The letter ‘T’ on celtic back ground was completed and has been gifted.
Birthday gift 2- two letters ’D’ and ‘J’ with a cross in between was also completed and given.
The details will be posted later.
Kutch work motifs on sewn black tunic was started.
WIPW199-blacrekutt-2
I had a black cotton tunic embroidered with Kashmiri work. The embroidered piece was taken out from the tunic and attached on to this tunic. I need to work on the outline to make it more neat.
WIPW199-blamulticolkasht-1

This week was a productive.
Except for a few earlier stitches, I have caught up with SSS challenge.
The current Beyond TAST challenge is yet to be taken for consideration. Hope it starts next week.
Red and black tunic
The work on this tunic is nearing completion. Red oval stones were stitched onto the yoke. In the picture it is not clear. I am working on the sleeves now.
WIPW193-redblatp-4
Cream tussar tunic
I am in the last phase on this project. After working on peach thread, the final detail is the yellow thread for the flower centre. The sleeves are ready, the work is continuing on the tunic front.
WIPW193-creamtust-11
Two other projects are still in thinking mode.