November 3, 2011
This doily pattern is also from the crochet monthly magazine. This a is medium sized doily. I wanted to work on some crocheted chair backs. For this I bought yellow crochet threads. Though I am not fully into that chairback project, I have toomany yellow thread lying around, so this doily is also from that yellow thread. I find it easy to work from the pattern drawing rather than the instructions.I have to start working on crochet from instructions too. Future plans!
While browsing the net I found some old crochet patterns here.
November 2, 2011
Once in a while I try working on my crochet , though not as much as I want. Whenever I go to India for vacation, it is easy to work on these. This pattern is from crochet monthly magazine, we used to get these over in Muscat, but they not available these days.
These small doily patterns are easy to work on. The picture of the doily-
I made another doily too, which will be on my next post.
June 6, 2011
This second frame I deviated from satin stitch and tried some leaf stitch and Algerian eye stitch.
There were lots of squares in this quilt pattern,and I did not want repeat the same satin stitch in different colours,
For the corner red , when it looked too big for satin stitch in red colour, I changed it into Algerian eye stitch.
The four diamond shapes in medium green was surrounded by satin stitches in different directions, this immediately called for some other stitch, and the chosen one was leaf stitch. Though it was done in one colour, the effect is totally different.
The colours are three shades of green , brownish green, red and cream.
needlepoint frame-2 green&red
Since there were only two frames, I could try only two designs.
It was an interesting venture with lots of possibility for creativity, though I did not use much here!
June 1, 2011
The basic pattern is from quilt block design book.
The first colour chosen was pink, from there violet, yellow and white. I tried alternating the dark and light shades violet just to see the effect. Another trial on squares on all the four sides- alternating medium and light pink shades.
needlepoint frame-1 pink
May 31, 2011
I had done a few long stitch kits by anchor. While browsing the net I found some pictures done in various needlepoint stitches.
These websites are full of them-
I too wanted to try some, but starting with a new venture chose satin stitch as the base.
. I bought this book-1000 great quilt blocks, leading me to chose from the block designs .
the square frames were from IKEA, after measuring the size of the square, I chose two block designs. Then the canvas was marked with pencil.
These frames were meant to decorate my husband’s office room, later when he changed the office they came home. The pictures on my next posts.till then enjoy browsing these wonderful links.
May 30, 2011
Posted by jizee6687 under cross stitch
, home decor
, pink rose-4
, roses frame
| Tags: aida
, cross stitch
, home decor
, picture frame
Leave a Comment
This is the last piece in this set of four roses.
This is a big single rose with two buds. the design was taken again from the same set of books, this time from a cushion design.
The book had a flower bouquet design for a cushion, I took the rose and the buds were lifted from other smaller bouquets. then they were all put together to form this particular frame.
All the four frames together-
roses in cross stitch
With this I complete this set.
This was the first time I worked with evenweave aida cloth, earlier works were done in matti cloth bought in India, where the weave is rectangular. That made the patterns ablong instead of square . Any pattern will look compressed or elongated depending on how we use the matti. However much we work, there was always a sense of dissatisfaction, when the work was complete.
I literally drooled over the aida cloth when I first saw it here. I sometimes use them on my tunics too.
May 28, 2011
This whole thing started, with the idea of having one picture with red roses.
The pattern was chosen from the small cross stitch book, a border pattern.
It was a wide border, the roses were quite impressive, I chose two roses and a bud from that, and then customized them to suit this frame.
As seen in the picture, I wanted real dark red rose!
3. red roses
The patterns were really small, a strain for the eyes.I used a graph paper to draw individually whichever colour thread I was working on at that time. This meant extra time to draw each and every colour on graph, but cross stitching was swift.
The routine was-
Choose the colour, match it with the symbol, draw that symbols alone on graph, then do the cross stitching,then again start with the next colour.
The last one is pink rose.