I am still working on projects this week. Generally, handloom cotton, silk, crepe fabrics are bought during trips to India. The season being cool here in Muscat, the silk and crepe fabrics are taken out for designing and embroidering. Some work is rich, intricate and time consuming. This year, even elaborate work is interesting.
Last week, the picture of the peach on cream chiffon was not clear. This picture shows the circles worked in detached chain and fly stitches. The chain outline is worked in two shades of peach silk threads.
WIPW209-creapeatz-3
This week’s progress is rope stitch on the stems and stone embellishment.
WIPW209-creapeatz-4
The work on navy blue blouse is faster because of closed herringbone filling. Realizing now, the gold metallic thread must have been harder to work, that is why it took so much time. Since it was repetitive, it was relaxing. The picture of the progress was not taken, because of the same motif.
A tussar silk in neutral colour is with the tailor for marking of neck and sleeves. The idea will be shared on next week’s post.

Advertisements

We went to Dubai during the weekend. Maybe we felt the oppressing heat here is not enough, driving through the desert would be more exciting. It was a change from routine. After Wednesday stitching was not done, and I  started working from Monday. So progress was not much on projects. Stitch challenges are on hold.
The zardosi work on pink fabric has to be resumed. The tracing is continuing on cream fabric for the kutchwork border project. It seems like a lengthy project. Better to work the stitch challenges and some small projects while working on it. I have an old readymade blouse in cream, kept because the dress pattern is good, which can be used  for another blouse. A green mangalagiri fabric with border [which will be removed] may be perfect for this.
WIPW142-greenbl-1
The embroidery can be worked in green thread similar to this fabric on black cloth. A floral design for the yoke was drawn yesterday.

When I was browsing some old patterns on the net, I came across some cord work. This gave me an idea of working a row of beads between two chain stitch lines. I don’t see any connection between the two things here, still a pattern was drawn to incorporate this idea on a yoke. The tunic fabric-

violet bead on pink yoke-tunic fabric

violet bead on pink yoke-tunic fabric

The yoke fabric-

violet beads on pink yk-yk

violet beads on pink yk-yk

The pattern with a modern flower motif

violet beads on pinkyk-pattern

violet beads on pinkyk-pattern

After completing the embroidery-

violet beads on pinkyk-emb

violet beads on pinkyk-emb

Beadwork detail-

violet bead on pinkyk-det

violet bead on pinkyk-det

Yoke detail-

violet beads on pink yoke-yk det

violet beads on pink yoke-yk det

Tunic-

violet beads on pink yoke-tunic

violet beads on pink yoke-tunic

I have tried some new ideas on some of my tunics. This is one of them.
Queenie as you requested I have posted details of the work.

violet beads on pink yk-det2

violet beads on pink yk-det2

the picture is not clear of the reflecting beads, so another one-

violet beads on pinkyk-det3

violet beads on pinkyk-det3