I was away for a week to Chennai, India. There was some problem to open my blog through internet explorer for the past three weeks. No stitching was done on this vacation. Last week was busy catching up on this challenge.  The free graph for these edges are here.

rpw2015-27,28

rpw2015-27,28

I am working this edges on handloom matti cloth, the width is not very long. With these two edges, the first piece was finished. The idea of making this piece into a drawstring bag is hovering in the mind. Another similar piece was prepared for next set of edges from the same cloth.

rpw2015-29,30

rpw2015-29,30

This week’s edges were also simple.

rpw2015-31,32

rpw2015-31,32

After catching up on these edges, did not have the mood to work the kutchwork edges based on these patterns. I have started designing yoke for tunics. More details on next post.

Advertisements

A very Happy Christmas to Everyone!
The TAST challenge stitch kikos flower sampler was completed yesterday. One more stitch needs to be explored. Sharon has mentioned that there will be break from her regular blogging to work on her crazy quilting book.
There was some progress on other projects. Four edges were completed on Randje per week challenge. This challenge continues in the next year too.

32.wipwednesdays-rpw-37,38,39,40

32.wipwednesdays-rpw-37,38,39,40

The mirrors and some gold beads [inside the green thread] were also completed. This tunic waits for the tailor to return now.

32.wipwednesdays-yt-5

32.wipwednesdays-yt-5

The progress made by others during this week is on Pintangle.
Completed two edges on Randje per week challenge.

31.wipwednesdays-rpw-33,34

31.wipwednesdays-rpw-33,34

Started working on beaded lock stitch sampler, a stitch which was missed during this year’s TAST challenge. The basic straight stitches were worked yesterday and today. Hoping to start with beads tomorrow.
A chain stitch outline is being done in gold metallic thread on this embroidery on sleeves for a tussar silk tunic. This thread has a manageable twist, which makes it easy to work with. Next is the embellishments stage- mirrors and beads.

31.wipwednesdays-yt-4

31.wipwednesdays-yt-4

This post is about the projects which are in progress this week. To see others progress visit Pintangle. This idea to have a motivation to work regularly on our embroidery projects was given by SharonB on her blog. It is very useful.
I completed two more borders on Randje per week challenge.

30.WIPW-RPW-29,30

30.WIPW-RPW-29,30

The kutchwork done on Greek design was completed with an outline in silver metallic thread. it has been given to my tailor, who has gone to his country now. So no picture!
I completed threaded cable chain stitch sampler.
An outline in back stitch was worked with grey {?} polyester thread. the curve pattern on one side was started with chain stitch in green cotton skein.

30.WIPW-yt-3

30.WIPW-yt-3

I hoping to complete this sleeve design, and catch up on the remaining TAST stitches which were not touched.

To understand how the posting this work in progress is helpful, visit Pintangle. I completed last week’s TAST stitch.
The hussif was taken out and kept back, when a mistake was found on the black work filling. It’ll be hard enough to pull out the waste canvas, so the option to rectify the mistake is out, just have to think of something to work over the flaw.
The black yoke was completed with phukari embroidery.

19.wipwednesdays-whgreytunic3

19.wipwednesdays-whgreytunic3

The earlier worked edges were completed on Randje per week challenge.

19.wipwednesdays-rpw 13,14

19.wipwednesdays-rpw 13,14

The yellow tunic with chanderi silk cotton sleeves in its full glory.

19.wipwednesdays-yctunic

19.wipwednesdays-yctunic

Gujarati ethnic embroidery  was drawn for a  cream tunic with  multi coloured striped salwar fabric. The tailor has to mark the place for front and sleeves. The routine of working on the journal was maintained this week.

This sampler was filled with some other TAST stitches. Some people find it easy to work this kind of embroidery. Evidently I am not one of them. It is hard to work without any marking, and the mind becomes blank to choose the stitches, so many doubts, whether to fill the whole thing or just some parts. With all these the piece got finished.

33.127.beaded alternating up&down buttonhole

33.127.beaded alternating up&down buttonhole

The working of this stitch with very long name is on SharonB ‘s blog. I chose to work this between two back stitch rows on a traditional Indian pattern. This is a part of a border.
The back stitch lines-

33.127.beadaltup&downbholest-1

33.127.beadaltup&downbholest-1

The beads are in the middle and on one side.

33.127.beadaltup&downbholest-2

33.127.beadaltup&downbholest-2

The beads are worked on both sides.

33.127.beadaltup\7downbholest-3

33.127.beadaltup\7downbholest-3

The stitch worked with two beads.

33.127.beadaltup7downbholest-4

33.127.beadaltup7downbholest-4

The basic beaded version shown by SharonB and with two beads on both sides.

33.127.beadaltup&downbholest-5

33.127.beadaltup&downbholest-5

The centre worked with gold beads , beads on zigzag version, beads on both buttonholes[ the beads were worked on alternating double buttonhole stitch, since , it was not possible to work two beads on up and down buttonholes]

33.127.beadaltup&downbholest-6

33.127.beadaltup&downbholest-6

The beaded alternating up and down buttonhole stitches.

33.127.beaded alternating up and down buttonhole stitch sampler

33.127.beaded alternating up and down buttonhole stitch sampler

Thinking of working some freeform embroidery to fill the spaces.