Few more edges were completed on last year’s Randje per week challenge. I had started them during the course of last year, when they were posted on their site. These edges are available on the site till March this year.

wipw36-rpw2014-64to71

wipw36-rpw2014-64to71

I started with metallic thread on the embroidery on dark blue fabric to be sewn on blue green crepe tunic fabric later. The design is traditional Indian. Some elements of a border from a design book by artist K.Prakash were the inspiration for this pattern. This embroidery will have stitches in gold colour threads and bluish green threads. Embellishments are also part of this project.

wipw36-blugrencrepet-2

wipw36-blugrencrepet-2

I have two long stitch kits, one of which I started a while ago. Thinking if it is included in this post, it might start moving forward. Even an half an hour work every week on this project would help it a bit. It needs encouragement. That’s for next week.

Advertisements

Another few more randjes on Randje per week 2014 challenge were completed this week.

rpw2014-55 to 59

rpw2014-55 to 59

There was one more stitch on TAST challenge, which was not attempted, 123 rd week stitch-woven chain band. Started with filling some paisley motifs. When these are filled with few filling stitch variations, woven chain will be worked on them.

woven chst-a

woven chst-a

Listing and writing about the projects which are in progress is a support group started by SharonB. To see others progress visit Pintangle.
These two edges were completed this week on Randje per week challenge. These took more time than usual.

27.wipwednesdays-rpw-23,24

27.wipwednesdays-rpw-23,24

I completed attaching mirrors on the cream ethnic tunic. Small oval gold beads were also added the outline stem stitch pattern. This tunic is completed and ready to go to the tailor.

27.wipwednesdays-ct-6

27.wipwednesdays-ct-6

I drew a pattern for embroidery for another tunic. The tunic is yellow and gray tussar silk with stripes. The sleeves of this tunic will have embroidered border in black fabric with mirrors [yeah, Again]. My mirrors want to serve higher purpose instead of being stored in small cardboard boxes.

I took  longer time than I expected to complete last week’s TAST sampler. I need to start beaded barb stitch samples.

This is a post of the works in progress during this week. To see the others progress, visit Pintangle.
I completed the 17th and 18th edges  on Randje per week challenge which were started earlier in March.

24.wipwednesdays-ripw-17,18

24.wipwednesdays-ripw-17,18

The next colour of antique violet cotton skein was used for the chain stitch lines  around mirror spaces along with green and orange [ I tried  a variety of chain stitch which is often used in ethnic Gujarati embroidery] and buttonhole variations around the neck.

24.wipwednesdays-ct-3

24.wipwednesdays-ct-3