This past week was a good one progress wise. I could even manage to work on a stitch on SSS challenge. I am working on the last colour -beige on this plum cotton tunic, hoping to complete it by tomorrow.
WIPW231-pltch-7
The kutchwork elements on the grey striped tunic were worked with the same bright orange thread. This is definitely a change from chain stitches!
WIPW231-grortku-3
Grey cotton tunic with chikan embroidery
The full design with motif repeats was drawn on graph paper. My friend wanted one colour-cream to be used for the shadow work. The complete design was traced onto the reverse side of the grey cotton tunic with white craft pencil. I was very eager to see the outcome of this embroidery, so enthusiastically completed one motif.
WIPW231-gycottchi-2
This motivated me to work on a stitch on SSS challenge too.

 

This tunic  is my first effort  on chikan[shadow] work. I wanted to do a overall design. most difficult part of the work was transfering the design to the georgette fabric.When I pinned the fabric to the pattern, it  refused to stay loyal to the pattern.measuring and marking didn’t work at all.My eyes were the only guideline for symmetry.wherever I drew  a pattern, my left hand was fixed over the area.because if this, I got tired pretty quickly.Tranfering took a long time.I just drew the lines and omitted the petals and leaves, which I embroidered approximately.All the drawing was on the wrong side,my mistakes got lost on this[what a relief].For the border I used readymade zari border in parrot green.

dsc00638

dsc00637  the parrot green isn’t seen.