It was a good week embroidery wise. Three tunics were worked and two designs were drawn for the next two tunics.
Grey orange tunic
The chain stitches worked in lighter orange was completed around the neck.
WIPW234-grortk-5
Two lines of chain stitches were worked on this teardrop motif.
WIPW234-grortk-6
The fifth motif on this grey tunic was completed yesterday.
WIPW234-gycottchi-4
Surprisingly, it is not tedious working on this blue neckline embroidery with chain stitches in half-white thread. I wonder why!
WIPW234-crenat-4
I have two synthetic chiffon material, which were supposed to be used as duppatta [scarf] for Indian tunics- one is black and another one is bright lemon yellow. The time has come to change them into wearable fabrics.
My friend fell in love with the yellow and wants to make a skirt. I have a saree, which has the blouse fabric attached to it in green. This might go well as blouse for the yellow skirt. A boat neck design with border patterns was drawn for this project.
WIPW234-greeboatt-1
For the black chiffon-I had seen a yoke design with borders and mirrors on the web some time ago. I have a black silk cotton fabric. A yoke made of kutchwork borders with mirror spaces was drawn two days ago.
Maybe I will know by next Wednesday, when these patterns will be traced on to the fabrics.

I completed the plum cotton project. This past week was more on ideas of designing and drawing some of them.
The grey chikan work tunic lies as it was on last Wednesday. This is a long project, with the same herringbone stitch and back stitch, so I am not in a hurry.
I started embroidery around the neck line on this grey striped tunic. The kutchwork motifs are worked in the same thread, so planning to add more shades of orange on this border pattern.
WIPW232-grortku-4
I had bought this fabric in Muscat. They said it was linen, it didn’t look so. Still I liked the colour and the way it draped. It is like a soft burlap fabric in cream colour.
WIPW232-crenat-1
I had this navy silk/cotton fabric. Some simple border designs were interesting. A round neckline, with these simple curves and peaks was drawn and traced onto the navy fabric. My friend also finds it interesting! Let us wait for it to develop.
WIPW232-crenat-2

The works of this week were around tunics. Though the chain stitches on plum cotton tunic are monotonous, still it is interesting to see the growth on these simple border patterns.
WIPW230-pltch-6
A kutchwork pattern with chain stitch and mirror elements was drawn and traced onto the grey striped tunic after the tailor marked the neck. He doesn’t design the neck, just the dimensions are marked and the front piece is cut by him. This gives me room to design the neck, yoke etc. by cutting the tunic to size, I don’t have to hold the whole fabric while doing embroidery. Started the work with kutchwork elements in bright[ it does not look so bright in the image though!] orange thread.
WIPW230-grortku-2
In April I had bought a few tunic fabrics on cotton, they are not handloom. A light weight cotton, easy to maintain and cool to wear on hot days, they were used as blouse fabrics for sarees. The navy tunic with Kashmiri work came from this set.
WIPW222-ncotka-8
My friend liked this grey [we call it elephant grey colour] and she wanted chikan work done on it. A motif design which will be repeated was drawn yesterday. The front of the tunic will be filled with this motif. The plan is to draw the whole design on graph paper and then trace it on to the fabric.
WIPW230-gycottchi-1

While working on the progress on my tunic fabrics, my friend gave a project of working on a blue tussar silk tunic. Small feather stitches are worked on the marked spots on the tunic front with metallic thread
WIPW227-bltut-1
Double cross stitches are worked with half white thread on this neck line between the square motifs.
WIPW227-bpcretfse-10
Two more rows are worked with the same colour thread on this plum cotton tunic.
WIPW227-pltch-3
While I was working on these projects, SSS challenge started after a break. After finishing these, it is time to work on that

This tunic top was worked in 2013.
The tunic fabric was bought to match with the ready to wear Patiala salwar pant.
plu&yel-sal
A simple pattern to be incorporated with gold beads.
plu&yeltpat
The embroidery with beads, sequins and mirrors.
plu&yelt-1
Detail
plu7yelt-2det
The sewn tunic.
plum and yellow tunic

This was one of those weeks, where nothing went according to any plan. It was hard to find time to work, hard to get to computer.
The stitch challenges were never even thought of during the week.
Whenever I could find time, a few stitches were made.
The chain stitches with metallic thread on neutral tussar fabric progressed only this far.
WIPW213-neutusstz-4
The chain stitch triangles on this cream neckline were worked with variegated silk/ metallic thread.
WIPW213-creatussnt-3
It appears, this coming week too will be the same.

Yesterday I had gone out, so the progress during the week is posted today. Stitch challenges are kept aside this week. The projects are keeping me occupied.
Variegated silk thread is used to work the straight stitches around the centre of each motif.
wipw205-blublazt-3
After working bluish green silk thread on black fabric, an idea to outline the motifs on the blouse with the same thread occurred, and I started working on it.
wipw205-navymetb-4
So many things to do this week, with a new stitches on Beyond TAST challenge and SSS challenge.