The last few details about the embroidery on this yoke . the tunic had white colour in it , so the some outlines were worked with white thread. I tried open chain stitch on the flower outlines.
Small mirrors were then attached to the fabric with blue thread.
The yoke placed over the printed lemon green fabric.
I found a plain lemon yellow handloom cotton fabric for salwar [Indian style pants] for this tunic top. The whole set was given to the tailor for sewing.
The completed tunic-
Close up of the yoke on tunic.
I love this blue and lemon yellow/green combination . I am very fond of the colours of kanjeevaram silk sarees . After buying the blue ikat fabric, the subsequent steps were all because of the kanjeevaram silk saree fever. The inspiration for motif came from ethnic Indian designs. Not much time was employed to work this yoke, and a very satisfying project.