tunic with brown yoke


The last item that was embroidered on this motif pattern is the outlining in back stitch with cream thread. I thought I‘ll outline all the filling stitches in this motif pattern,.
Few curves were also worked in back stitch. Thus the whole motif yoke is completed.

yoke motif -completed

The close up picture of the completed motif-

yoke motif- closeup

Now for the final result-
After completing this, I had gone to India, where I bought a few brocade materials for embellishing tunics. One of the material was in peach colour, since this motif has peach in it, I thought of attaching the brocade to the tunic .
The idea was to stitch the tunic with alternate panels with the tunic fabric, attach a chiffon fabric for the sleeves with brocade border, attach the yoke with the brocade fabric outlining the yoke.
The tailor also had an idea of lining the body part of the tunic,and so with so many layers- lining, tunic fabric , brocade , the yoke, the tunic is very thick and heavy, but the sleeves with the chiffon[without any lining], is kept intact only with the weight of the brocade border. The tunic looks pretty funny, and definitely Iam not laughing!
Lessons- If Iam doing motif patterns for yoke, they have to be arranged in a different manner.
Maximum of only 1 inch outlining allowed with brocade material[ it is too thick, too bright]
The yoke fabric should have been in complimenting colour
The embroidery work and thread colours should have been bold not subtle for this pattern and colour.
The tunic now-

tunic with yoke motif

Advertisements

Here, the flowers are outlined with peach thread, the same peach is used for the satin flowers too.

brown motif yoke-WIP3

Generally with brown, maroon and green combination,I choose yellow colour. This time the peach was chosen. The yellow was not completely left out, I used variegated silk thread[ which has yellow in it] for the extra leaves in the centre.

brown motif yoke- WIP4

Peach satin flowers and dark green petals are outlined in back stitch with copper colour thread.
The completed yoke on my next post

The motif pattern is simple and medium sized.
At this stage I had not bought the peach brocade fabric, so that was not taken into account while choosing the thread colours. The colours were chosen based on the maroon tunic fabric. I thought green would go well with maroon and beige.

brown yoke-WIP2

I tried a something new with stem and leaves, the stem was worked in fly stitch in dark green and the leaves were worked in leaf stitch in light green, this can be used as a decorative seam.
One tunic design idea that strikes me now is, It’ll b great if a whole tunic front is covered with motifs of this size. But tracing and positioning the motifs would be a laborious job.
Will continue with embroidery on yoke on my next post.

The idea for this tunic came when I had a design block. This experience taught me a lesson never to attempt anything while having a block.
The yoke did not suit the tunic.
The embroidery pattern did not suit anything.
The tunic design was really bad.
Now Iam in procession of a tunic which is like some tribal dress.
I’ ll post a small picture of it , so that no one gets disappointed!

brown yoke- tunic

 

 The tunic fabric is printed voile . I used to different prints of the same colour. 

 But using of  the brocade fabric  bombed the whole thing!

The embroidery-
I wanted to three motifs together on a yoke.
The pattern chosen was traditional Indian design.It was a good motif though,It didn’t suit the dress!
The stitches were-herringbone, back stitch, chain, satin, leaf stitch, fly stitch.
It started like this-

brown yoke-WIP1

I’ll post the progress of this embroidery from now on. Even though the result was disappointing, the embroidery pattern was okay. The different aspects in the embroidery can be used.