floral tunic with violet yoke


This is the last post on this tunic.I am uploading the completed tunic and the basic pattern on which I worked this yoke.
The picture of the tunic –

floral t w violet y-1

The close up of the same yoke, the tailor changed the neck design which I had drawn earlier.

floral t wviolet y-closeup

This is the basic pattern on which I had embroidered this yoke-

floral t w violet yoke- pattern

I am on vacation now , and have been scheduling the posts on my blog.

Now pink colour thread is used to fill the remaining florals.And white colour thread is worked in backstitch to outline all the filled patterns.now all the colours of the tunic fabric are used.
The yoke-

floral t w violet y-wip pink

After this the completed yoke was stitched with square shaped  pink and violet stones. The fully completed yoke-

floral t w violet y- stones

The completed tunic on my post.

This yoke pattern is made of florals and leaves, after working with blue thread, the next one was medium green colour, I used this and light green for filling the leaves with herringbone stitches.
The yoke completed with [m] green thread-

floral t w violet y-wip mgreen

The next colour was light green, this was used for filling with herringbone stitches , and stem stitches.

f tunic wviolet ywip l green

A dark pink colour thread was used sparingly for the centre pattern. As I mentioned earlier, this is a very simple yoke pattern.
More details follows .

This tunic  was a synthetic floral printed fabric. I predominantly work on cotton fabrics, some times I work on silk fabrics too. This yoke is worked in silk .
The tunic fabric-

floral tunic fabric

I wanted the yoke to be a simple one. The yoke itself was big, the motifs also big, but the embroidery was simple, I filled the motifs in herring bone stitches and outlined them with back stitches.
The yoke started with the blue colour thread-

floral t w violet y-wip blue

At first I had planned on filling the motifs with chain stitches, but while working, found that they took a lot of time to be filled,so I switched to herringbone filling. This picture shows both.

More on my next post.