The tunic is fawn coloured, hand woven, self checked[is that right?] cotton. I chose red colour for the borders [so that I can use different shades of brown]
About the Pattern-Earlier I thought this as a curved creeper pattern , recently learnt this type of pattern has a name- Arabesque. I getting familiar with this new term.
I made the border for yoke, sleeves, 2 slits. It took a long time.
Drew the borders first , and asked the tailor to attach it to the tunic[when it was sewn]
Then only I started the embroidery
.For the stem and leaves, I did not have cut and start over, but the flowers had to be done individually. This experience is always there with me when I choose the pattern and colours. I try to avoid this wherever possible , without compromising the effect.
Ten tears ago, the style was to wear long tunics, now it has changed, they are shorter now, but it was destined that I should learn my lesson on this long tunic.