bluish green crepe tunic


The black work border on the other side was completed on the beige black work panel. Another border has to be started. This border also will be worked on both sides. Though it is taking more time than I expected, it is exciting to work this double running stitch. The stitch is continuously worked and is completed on the return journey. Interestingly one edge on randje per week challenge is a similar Algerian eye border pattern this week. But it is worked in two colours.

WIPW53-beigebwt-6

WIPW53-beigebwt-6

On the mirror work yoke, the mirrors are to be outlined with green thread. The other triangles are worked in orange thread, still not too sure that this orange is a good choice. But decided to go ahead with it. This is another multi coloured yoke!

WIPW53-blmirt-4

WIPW53-blmirt-4

After procrastinating for some time, I have decided to start the kalamkari drawing practice. After drawing these borders in 0.5 pencil, they are reinforced with 0.5 pen. The practice is done with the help of the images from the internet. I am choosing elements from the images to learn this art. Still a long way to go, but just happy to stay on track.

WIPW53-kalam-1

WIPW53-kalam-1

Advertisements

This week’s cross stitch edges on Randje per week 2015 challenge took a while to work. The picture is here.

wipw42-rpw-19,20

wipw42-rpw-19,20

The kutchwork borders based on these edges were also completed, the instructions are here.

wipw42-kw-19a,19b,20

wipw42-kw-19a,19b,20

The last part of the pink crepe tunic was to fix white stones between the parallel lines. These stones have holes in the centre, which makes it easier to fix them. I used white cotton thread and beading needle for this. It was completed and is given to the tailor for his part of the job.

wipw42-pinkcrepet-5

wipw42-pinkcrepet-5

I took the yoke of the blue/green crepe tunic and started working small antique gold beads and blue stones into the central part of the yoke. This yoke requires more of these beads and stones for embellishment, which I hope can be done this week.

wipw42-blugrencrepet-6

wipw42-blugrencrepet-6

The red kutchwork on brown tunic was taking rest this week.

Most of this week I was working on the kutch work borders. The samples were small, but taking pictures of and posting the work in progress took three days. For more details see here.

wipw39-rpw-kw-13,14

wipw39-rpw-kw-13,14

I did the couching of polyester thread on blue/green crepe tunic.actually this could have been tried after working the pink crepe too, still I wanted to see whether the thread would go well with the whole embroidery, which it did!

wipw39-blugrencrepet-4

wipw39-blugrencrepet-4

The embroidery on pink crepe is progressing very slowly. The pattern is for the front and sleeves. Some stem stitches were worked in the same green thread and some straight stitches in fine silk variegated thread are started on flowers.

wipw39-pinkcrepe-2

wipw39-pinkcrepe-2

We visited the Muscat festival again this weekend. I also took some pictures of embroidery from Uzbekistan and Thailand, which I will share as soon as possible.

I am missing the TAST challenge. A new interest as started with Randje per week 2015 challenge, these days the edges are giving scope for designing kutchwork borders. These borders are designed, and worked as samples. Whenever an idea of a kutchwork pattern comes in mind, there is an urge to try out the possibilities of the pattern. Now working on these borders gives a satisfaction. The edges of randje per week challenge of last year were successfully completed this week. The last few edges were completed during last year.

WIPW37-RPW- 71 to 75

WIPW37-RPW- 71 to 75

This week’s progress on embroidery for blue green crepe tunic was working chain stitches with the same blue/green fine silk thread. The design is traditional Indian, so the stitches just follow the pattern, not much of creativity here.

WIPW37-blugrencrepet-2

WIPW37-blugrencrepet-2

I was quite busy to restart the long stitch kit. A person has asked for guidance to work chicken scratch on dotted fabric, I did a pair of borders in 2009. I want to explore more now. One sample piece

WIPW37-chicken scratch

WIPW37-chicken scratch

Few more edges were completed on last year’s Randje per week challenge. I had started them during the course of last year, when they were posted on their site. These edges are available on the site till March this year.

wipw36-rpw2014-64to71

wipw36-rpw2014-64to71

I started with metallic thread on the embroidery on dark blue fabric to be sewn on blue green crepe tunic fabric later. The design is traditional Indian. Some elements of a border from a design book by artist K.Prakash were the inspiration for this pattern. This embroidery will have stitches in gold colour threads and bluish green threads. Embellishments are also part of this project.

wipw36-blugrencrepet-2

wipw36-blugrencrepet-2

I have two long stitch kits, one of which I started a while ago. Thinking if it is included in this post, it might start moving forward. Even an half an hour work every week on this project would help it a bit. It needs encouragement. That’s for next week.

The randjes which were started in Randje per week challenge in 2014 need to be completed. These edges were done during this week.

wipw35-rpw2014-60to63

wipw35-rpw2014-60to63

The TAST challenge was completed. It is time to start designing, drawing patterns for embroidery on tunics. The first tunic this year is bluish green woven crepe fabric. The Indian embroidery with stones and metallic threads will be done in this dark blue fabric. The pattern is drawn and traced. Hoping to start this project tomorrow.

wipw35-bluishgreencrepet-fabric

wipw35-bluishgreencrepet-fabric