yellow green tunic chanderi sleeves


To understand how the posting this work in progress is helpful, visit Pintangle. I completed last week’s TAST stitch.
The hussif was taken out and kept back, when a mistake was found on the black work filling. It’ll be hard enough to pull out the waste canvas, so the option to rectify the mistake is out, just have to think of something to work over the flaw.
The black yoke was completed with phukari embroidery.

19.wipwednesdays-whgreytunic3

19.wipwednesdays-whgreytunic3

The earlier worked edges were completed on Randje per week challenge.

19.wipwednesdays-rpw 13,14

19.wipwednesdays-rpw 13,14

The yellow tunic with chanderi silk cotton sleeves in its full glory.

19.wipwednesdays-yctunic

19.wipwednesdays-yctunic

Gujarati ethnic embroidery  was drawn for a  cream tunic with  multi coloured striped salwar fabric. The tailor has to mark the place for front and sleeves. The routine of working on the journal was maintained this week.

Advertisements

For the 16th week the progress on my projects are posted under this heading. It is helpful to the keep the mind focused on the progress of each one. The progress made by others can be seen on Pintangle.
The TAST challenge stitch took most of the time in this week. after completing it ,I moved on to the embroidery on tunic-
The centre of the yoke pattern on yellow tunic was worked with berry stitch [stranded cotton], chain stitch outlines [cotton skein and gold metallic thread] and herringbone filling [ variegated fine silk thread]

16.wipwednesdays-cytunic3

16.wipwednesdays-cytunic3

The back stitched petals and the progressing fly stitch filling inside the paisleys.

16.wipwednesdays-cytunic4

16.wipwednesdays-cytunic4

Embellishments will be with mirrors and beads. The third week edges were completed on Randje per week challenge. These edges are 8 inches in length. I started them in February.

16.wipwednesdays-rpw3

16.wipwednesdays-rpw3

The hussif was totally neglected this week too. The studio journal class lessons are very interesting and keeps me excited with many ideas, the habit of writing down the ideas needs to cultivated. Hoping that will start soon.

This post is to cultivate a routine to progress on our projects in the right direction.  To see others progress this week visit Pintangle.

I did not work for the past two weeks so my progress is slow.
My immediate cousin joined the majority on Sunday night. He was 56. Times spent with him now cause pain.
Now to the progress on the projects-
Second week’s edges on Randje per week challenge was completed.

15.RIPW-RPW2

15.RIPW-RPW2

Another tunic was started, the colours are similar to the previous one. I tried some stitches on this oval shape, which were satisfactory. Outlines in chain stitch with cotton skein [red] and fine silk and metallic thread combo. Filling in fly stitch [green stranded cotton] and straight stitch in  yellow polyester thread.

15.WIPW-yctunic-1

15.WIPW-yctunic-1

The same treatment has to be repeated on these 16 paisleys.

15.WIPW-yctunic2

15.WIPW-yctunic2

I haven’t even looked at the Hussif. hope I can do better next week.
The studio journal lessons are used to design a piece for last week’s TAST stitch closed herringbone. The designing is done, the embroidery started. Enthusiasm has resulted in a medium size design- meaning time consuming, which is essential for working exercises for the class. I really need to think before deciding on something!