light green tunic


This post motivates me to work on projects that would otherwise would become UFOs. Visit pintangle  to see how others have made progress on their projects.
I am currently working on a tunic, which was completed and has been given to the tailor. The mirrors have helped in taking the attention from the white thread. Initially it was not in the plan to use these bright colours, later felt this tunic would be very dull even with the embroidery and brought out the colours.

11.wipwednesdays-lgreentunic3

11.wipwednesdays-lgreentunic3

The stitch on TAST challenge this week is woven trellis. I had worked this stitch sampler on previous challenge. And yet to start on working on it this week. I was also looking for some leaf stitch other than detached chain on my crazy quilted hussif.
I used this stitch on the seam along with stem stitch with two colours and metallic thread. As Sharon suggested, this polyester thread does not bring out the beauty of the stitch.

11.wipwednesdays-hussif1-seam5

11.wipwednesdays-hussif1-seam5

I wanted to work this stitch on feather stitch. Straight stitches were worked on feather stitches.

11.wednesdays-hussif1.fspray5a

11.wednesdays-hussif1.fspray5a

Woven trellis stitches were worked on these after that. The flowers are worked with oyster stitch and french knots were added to the base.

11.wipwednesdays-hussif1- fspray5

11.wipwednesdays-hussif1- fspray5

I have drawn a pattern for embroidery on tunic. It also has mirror worked borders, a simple border to incorporate the mirrors was also drawn this week. Now eager to see what others have been working on this week.

Advertisements

With sumptuous surfaces class project work, this week’s TAST stitch experiments, some work on tunic- this was a busy week. I did a small seam and spray on this hussif.

wipw9-hussif

wipw9-hussif

Fly stitch stems with detached chain over the straight stitches form this seam-

wipw9-seam4

wipw9-seam4

Long tailed chain stitch flowers, feather stitch stem and detached chain were worked on this floral design. beads will be incorporated later.

wipw9-floral4

wipw9-floral4

My tailor is back from is vacation, I had given a light green mangalagiri striped cotton fabric for marking the front of the tunic. After tracing the pattern, started herringbone filling in silk thread, stem stitch in perle thread. This pattern has provision for mirrors.

wipw9-lgreentunic1

wipw9-lgreentunic1

To know the progress made by others-Pintangle