tunic


This tunic top was worked in 2013.
The tunic fabric was bought to match with the ready to wear Patiala salwar pant.
plu&yel-sal
A simple pattern to be incorporated with gold beads.
plu&yeltpat
The embroidery with beads, sequins and mirrors.
plu&yelt-1
Detail
plu7yelt-2det
The sewn tunic.
plum and yellow tunic

Advertisements

This tunic was worked in 2012.
This cotton tunic is handloom cotton in golden yellow. The Indian pant is cream and yellow with a wavy pattern.
cre&yelkut-fab
the pattern was inspired by a tunic seen in a boutique.
cre&yelkut-pat
Starting with kutchwork border in the centre , the other linear stitches are chain in different colours, closed herringbone stitch, zigzag back stitch, fly stitch and its variation, and the last chain stitch boxes are for the mirrors to be worked inside. The detail-
cre&yelkut-d1
After working the small square mirrors.
cre&yelkut-2
The detail after working the mirrors.
cre&yelkut-d3
The sewn tunic.
DSC00141

The tunic was designed and worked in 2012. The fabric was block printed soft cotton named mul mul. The work was ethnic Gujarati embroidery. The motif design was repeated on the sleeves and on both sides of the shoulders-front and back.
crebrot-pat
Worked motif with the borders
crebrot-e
The sleeves were attached with red and brown pieces of fabrics, these were also embellished with embroidery and wooden beads.
crebrot-s
The tunic-
cream brown tunic

I have worked embroidery on tunics over the years. Not all of them were posted on the blog. I started writing ‘works in progress Wednesdays’ posts from 2014. These tunics were worked before that year. This tunic was worked in 2011.
The pick tunic fabric is cotton. The work was Kashmiri embroidery, the pattern has a motif and a decorative neckline consisting of flowers and paisleys.
pinliltk-pat
The motif was repeated on the hemline and sleeves. Embroidered motif.
pinliltk-em
The embroidered tunic.
pinklilac tunic[kashmiri]

Yesterday I had gone out, so the progress during the week is posted today. Stitch challenges are kept aside this week. The projects are keeping me occupied.
Variegated silk thread is used to work the straight stitches around the centre of each motif.
wipw205-blublazt-3
After working bluish green silk thread on black fabric, an idea to outline the motifs on the blouse with the same thread occurred, and I started working on it.
wipw205-navymetb-4
So many things to do this week, with a new stitches on Beyond TAST challenge and SSS challenge.

 

Project work seems to be increasing. The routine is to buy fabrics from India, design and work the embroideries, then they are given to the tailor to be sewn as tunic sets or blouses. This was going well till the projects were small or medium.
Now the projects are taking more time, the stitch challenges were not started for the past few weeks.
Some thinking and planning are in order. A new year resolution may be?
After swapping the border onto another tunic, a small border of triangles made of herringbone stitches with chain stitch was worked very near to the attached border.
WIPW201-blaikmirt-7
This is another tunic in satin silk, which came from the tailor yesterday. Small heart shaped pearl beads can be put to use.
WIPW201-lorasatsit-1
The bluish green fabric is some type of tussar silk saree bought from FabIndia during this recent trip. The navy fabric is raw silk for the blouse. The embroidery work will be on the sleeves of the blouse.
WIPW201-navymetb-1

The daylight is getting shorter these days. I am not able to work for more time. The progress on projects is slow. Maybe due to dark colours being used. The challenge stitches are kept aside for a while.
The mirrors were stitched on this black border. Feeling the white open chain stitch gives too much of a contrast to the black mirrors. Initially wanted to work some silver beads over them, a friend suggested a red colour option. Trying that option, dark red stones are being stitched on the open chain stitches.
WIPW198-blaikmirt-4
I started working on the cross stitch project, which is birthday gift. It is specifically designed to fit a square frame from IKEA. I had already presented a printed card which fitted this frame to his wife two years ago. Project might take longer than I anticipated. The pictures will be posted after the frame has been gifted. The challenges will be started after this project.

Next Page »