Today I did some more butterfly chain stitch samples. These were also done in combination with other stitches.
The last part of the sampler.
8. after working a row of butterfly chain stitches, a row a of herringbone stitch is worked beneath it.
9. first, three fly stitches are worked together in two directions and butterfly chain stitches are worked on their tails. This way ,one side has a fuller look.
10. a row of zigzag back stitch is worked over a row of butterfly chain stitches.
11. a row of three individual herringbone stitches are worked together , over them butterfly chain stitches are worked on both sides .
12. three butterfly stitches are worked together to form a motif. This variation was a surprise.
13. I tried working whipped wheel stitch on both sides of butterfly chain stitches.
14. this is a combination of butterfly chain stitch with stem stitch.
15. the butterfly chain stitch with beads.
This week’s TAST 2012 challenge stitch, butterfly chain sampler is completed with this row. This stitch was an easy stitch to work with. I worked the straight stitches in cotton skeins and the twisted chain in perle cotton. This striped cloth was too bright to work with more colour combinations, a lighter colour would have given me more options. I learnt this lesson from this.