motif


Yesterday I had gone out, so the progress during the week is posted today. Stitch challenges are kept aside this week. The projects are keeping me occupied.
Variegated silk thread is used to work the straight stitches around the centre of each motif.
wipw205-blublazt-3
After working bluish green silk thread on black fabric, an idea to outline the motifs on the blouse with the same thread occurred, and I started working on it.
wipw205-navymetb-4
So many things to do this week, with a new stitches on Beyond TAST challenge and SSS challenge.

 

Advertisements

This week the progress is on the projects. This week’s SSS challenge stitch is interesting. It is an Indian stitch, but I don’t know it was. It will be good to study this stitch.
The work on navy blue blouse does take quite a lot of time. Just checking how an idea of stitching a  variegated silk thread which goes with the saree colour  would work out. It seems nice.
wipw204-navymetb-3
Taking a break from the blouse, the sleeves of the crepe tunic was started on black fabric. The idea is to work the embroidery is silk thread, so this black fabric seems ideal. Started with back stitch outlines and chain stitch with single strand of silk thread.
wipw204-blublazt-2
Beyond TAST stitches till now have been already worked stitches.

This was a productive week. Project work is moving slowly, but it is moving. I also started working on latest SSS challenge stitches. The Beyond TAST challenge stitches till yesterday, were already  worked before on earlier TAST challenges.
The navy blouse has three medium size motifs on each sleeve. I have few brocade blouses for sarees. These are quite good, but simplicity does not coexist with brocade. So an embroidery which can represent subtle idea of brocade is the theme here. The work so far is slow, but feeling satisfied-
wipw203-navymetb-2
This is the bluish green crepe fabric, for which a small border was drawn last week, the border pattern was traced on to the black fabric. When this project will be started, depends on the progress of the navy blue blouse, if that work becomes monotonous, I can start on this project. This design has stones and zardosi beads.

wipw2013-blubllazt-1

 

 

Happy New Year!
Last week my computer was not helpful.

My husband had cataract surgery done on his left eye on Sunday. He is recovering now.

Sharon is on the second stitch on Beyond TAST, SSS challenge also started on this Sunday. I am still waiting to start. The two stitches on Beyond TAST were worked before, so can be tried later too. The stitches on SSS challenge seem easy and inviting, they have to be learned and worked.
Two tunics were completed last week.
After working a row of chain stitch on the edge of the neckline, a single square mirrors was stitched on to this white and black tunic with stripes.
wipw202-blaimirt-8
Small heart shaped pearls novelty beads were stitched on to the satin silk tunic.
wipw202-lorasatsit-2
This week, chain stitch with gold metallic thread was started on this navy blue blouse sleeves. Six similar motifs have to be worked in this blouse project.
wipw202-navymetb-2
A border design  for a bluish green crepe tunic was drawn on black fabric yesterday.

 

I am still working on tunic projects.
The black ikat tunic was attached with the mirror work border. The border was sewn slightly away from the neck, and looks like the embroidered piece was not showing well on this black ikat fabric.
WIPW200-blaikmirt-5
I asked the tailor to take the piece away and attach it to another short top made of two fabrics. This time the piece was part of neck. May need some more embroidery, still thinking about it. These days, my tailor is sewing fancy necks for the back also!
WIPW200-blaikmirt-6
The kutchwork on this black tunic with printed border was completed. Now mirrors- to go with the markings or work the mirrors as a part of the motif?
WIPW200-blacrekutt-3
Once these projects are over, two fabrics are ready to be designed. One is a saree blouse, another one is a chiffon fabric for tunic.

This week did not go as I planned. It was a busy week, with matters other than stitching. Time was needed to think, plan and work beyond TAST challenge, which was scarce.
I decided to work on the tunic which was in progress before I left for India. It is nearing completion. The mirrors needed to be stitched in the centres.
WIPW185-vvblugkutcht-3

I am still working on SSS challenge stitches this past week. Two weeks holiday in India starts on this Friday. If a few more stitches are explored before that I would be happy. But stitching without thinking will be an ideal relaxation now. Beyond TAST challenge has one more week.
Cream tussar tunic
I have started working on the last detail of the leaves. After this detail is completed, time to choose the colour for flowers.
WIPW183-creamtust-8
Another design for tunic also was started this week. The tunic is a combination of two purple cotton fabrics, a blue zari border would be attached to the front and sleeves.
WIPW183-vvblugkutcht-1
A light green fabric will have kutchwork motifs around which this border will be attached in the front. After designing the motif, the work was started on the green fabric.
WIPW183-vvblugkutcht-2
The green fabric is small enough to carry on the trip, if I find time to stitch.

Next Page »