flamingo kit


This week was busy stitch wise. It was slow, but interesting too.
Stitch challenges
SSS Challenge
Last week’s stitch was an easy one. This week’s stitch is waiting to be started. Thinking about what fabric to use to learn this stitch.
Beyond TAST
It is hard for me to be creative, being a follower of rules, but I am slowly getting comfortable and have started enjoying the study of stitches. Everyday a stitch is studied on this challenge.
SALs
RPW 2018 is totally neglected for the time being. The black work mandala was completed.
Projects
The light green on the tree was completed.
WIPW168-flamkit-5
The blue on the lake was started.
WIPW168-flamkit-6
Red gaada tunic
The embroidery on the front neck is being worked now. Next work is the mirrors.
WIPW168-rgadamirt-5
While browsing for embroidery stitches, an inspiration to work Kashmiri embroidery kept coming back. A cream tussar silk fabric is chosen for this tunic project.

 

Advertisements

Beyond TAST
Three days ago, I started experimenting on this month’s beyond TAST challenge. At the moment, trying some possibilities of a stitch is quite engrossing. Whether it looks nice or applicable is not so important. It is like a stitch journal. Thinking about a stitch is interesting, even if a single stitch is not made on the sampler.
SSS challenge.
The progress on this stitch has gone as far as downloading the stitch, reading the information and browsing some images on the net.
In RPW 2018 it was just downloading the chart.
Flamingo long stitch kit.
Light green was added on the right side.
WIPW167-flamkit-3
Lighter green started on the tree two days ago. The work on this kit is quite slow.
WIPW167-flamkit-4
Started back stitch on the back of this red gada tunic.WIPW167-rgadamirt-4

 

Progress was not there on the stitch challenges and SALs this week. Beyond TAST is posing as a real challenge this month. Still on thinking, browsing mode.
Projects
Long stitch kit
This flamingo stitch kit is progressing very slowly. I was using tapestry needle #20 when I started this kit, remembering it was really hard to push the needle with six strands doubled over on the needle hole, decided to use tapestry needle # 26 this time around. Pushing the needle is easier this time, but the weave is hard on the eye. Worked on lighter green thread this week on bottom right corner.
WIPW166-flamkit-2
Since this kit required complete focus, it was hard to work on it over the weekend. So a saree which needed stabilizer where it touches the ground was taken up.
WIPW166-phucreamsar-1
While working on it, a thought of embellishing the saree with embroidery came to mind. A simple motif which will be repeated was chosen this week.
The tunics are waiting for a break from the flamingo kit!

 

This week the challenges and projects have kept the needles sticking to my hand.
Stitch challenges
Beyond TAST
We have something new to explore this month on Beyond TAST challenge. I need time to think on it.
SSS
Completed the Bayeux stitch sampler with satisfaction.
SALs
RPW 2018
I am yet to start a single border on this SAL. Saving the weekly charts is the only progress on this cross stitch SAL.
MMM SAL
February motif is posted on the site. The boundary was worked in Holbein stitch.
WIPW165-mmmsalfeb-1
Projects
Red gaada tunic
The sleeves were worked this week with running stitch in pink thread.
WIPW165-rgadamirt-3
Maroon and blue ikat combo
The folk flowers are being worked with Romanian stitch.
WIPW165-mablikat-3
After working on the tunics, a long time UFO- A large long stitch kit has to be restarted. The work on it was started long time ago!
WIPW165-flamkit-1
It was quite an interesting week on the whole.