The knotted satin stitch of last week on SSS challenge was started on a peacock design on linen fabric. This will take a while to be completed. This week’s stitch on this challenge is lace stitch or three sided stitch on pulled thread embroidery. The samples are to be worked on small area within a frame. It’s started today.
Some bands will be taken from this stitch along to work with lace stitch.
This week Algerian eye stitch is on TAST challenge. The samples were worked on earlier challenge. The link to the samples on this blog was posted today morning on FB group page.
The stitch challenge stitches are taking up most of the time this week. The cross stitch borders were completed on Aida fabric for navy blue polyester linen tunic.
This fabric is benarasi georgette in green.
Benarasi means a type of weaving on different fabrics. Silk, tussar, cotton, georgette , chiffon, crepe, wool are all woven in this type. It is from Varanasi [in northern India] or Benaras as it is called.
An embroidery with stones and zardosi beads will be worked around the neckline on dark green fabric. The design is ready to be traced.
February 22, 2017
January 6, 2016
The cube ornament worked in Seba designs Black work was completed. The designer is posting a design every week. Three designs have been posted so far on facebook group. Few people have been participating in this SAL. The designs are intricate and beautiful. The cube –I started with the second design. The same square pattern needs to be worked six times to make a cube. This time it is not a cube ornament but a square ornament. The design needs to be worked twice. Saves time too. This is worked on 14 count Aida with anchor cotton skein and variegated fine silk thread. Hope this project is worked during the following week. A few more kutch work borders were drawn in the last two evenings for kutch work border designs collection.
An idea of working Kashmiri embroidery [chain stitch] on crepe silk fabric is at the searching for the right design stage. Will be happy to start the embroidery on this project next week.
December 31, 2015
Leave a Comment
I caught a viral infection on Sunday and was quite sick and weak. With antibiotics and paracetamol feeling slightly better today. My husband was also affected by this stupid virus.
Now to see the progress made during this last week of this year.
The black work pattern by SEBA designs was worked on 18 count Aida cloth with single strand of Anchor skein. This was a Christmas present for a close friend. Pink stones and pearl beads were added as embellishments.
The work on the cube ornament on 14 count Aida was resumed after this project. The embroidery was completed. Now these have to be brought into cube shape. First time attempting a cube. Feel quite anxious and excited.
Saturday was RPW day. Two different edges this week. Started on these and BLOP! fell sick. They will be resumed next year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
December 23, 2015
Leave a Comment
Some progress was made during this week on this black work cube ornament on 14 count Aida. Though a fan of Seba designs, this is the first time I am trying one of her patterns. Either this pattern is very intricate or I have difficulty working on it, this is taking quite a bit of time to work. I used Anchor variegated cotton skein.
The same design is started on 18 count Aida fabric also. This is for a square ornament. This is more difficult.
December 16, 2015
The earlier weeks randjes were completed. The blog which is running this challenge seems to be well set for 2016. The next year’s challenge is a long sampler including alphabets, which will be posted in parts every week.
This project is a cube ornament. The black work pattern for this ornament is posted on a facebook group. Many people would be familiar with Seba Designs. This is stitch a long. This is my first SAL. Started the outlines with double running stitch. This is done on 14 count Aida.
January 6, 2015
These days I am working on 2014 randjes. This is another cross stitch border made along with the first one. The source is the same- antique pattern and it was modified. The pattern-
I felt the continuous crosses was too crowded, and chose to work the alternate ones for the outline.
Cotton skeins were used for this work.
The idea of taking picture after each colour thread was worked, helps in seeing how this piece looked at different stages.
They can be used as inspiration to create another pattern based on this.
The cross stitches are completed.
Dark pink/light purple pearl beads were used for embellishment and also the green thread on the outline and inside the triangle needed to be separated. Pink stones were added in the centre.
The border sewn on to the pouch, which looks like deep red, but is actually dark purple!
I derived satisfaction choosing the colours on this pattern and see them come to life when they were worked.
July 20, 2014
This is the last bag in the set of embroidered linen bag. The design and embroidery has the influence of crewel embroidery. I am fascinated by the beauty of this embroidery. I love the designs, colours, stitches of this work. I have just started the journey in this enchanting world of crewel embroidery. I have to learn a lot to move further. First and foremost, I did not have crewel wool to do this work!
The pattern, it is askew.
After working Satin, buttonhole, chain and stem stitches in stranded cotton. The colours for this project were inspired by antique cross stitch samplers.
Defining with outline stitch-
Detail of the flower
This bag is a favourite and was not given away. My husband also liked this bag. Next ones were monograms on satin bag.