ethnic Indian pattern


The stitch challenges are not started at all. I really need to work on them.
Projects
The work on cream fabric for the same colour chiffon tunic continued this week too. There are five similar panels in the shape of a long cone. These panels will be attached to the chiffon tunic on two shoulders, neck and sleeves. Stitches are simple -stem, leaf and straight stitches. Stones will also be stitched. At this stage, the first panel is nearing completion.
WIPW212-creabluts-3
The work on the sleeves of neutral tussar tunic progressed a little bit.
WIPW212-neutusstz-3
After tracing the border on the cream silk cotton fabric for the striped tussar tunic, the work started with chain stitch outline in dark maroon silk thread. This following week I will be working on this neckline embroidery.
WIPW212-creatussnt-2

Advertisements

I am working only on projects this week.
Another idea is tried out on navy blouse. The paisleys are filled with closed herringbone stitch with variegated metallic thread. The initial idea was to fill these in chain stitch, realizing the time taken for this project, decided to fill with closed herringbone. One motif done! 5 more to go.
WIPW208-navymetb-5
The work on cream chiffon tunic started with tracing of the neck line on cream silk cotton fabric. Circles were drawn to work flowers. 7 detached chains and fly stitches are worked on the circles. This stitch arrangement is still in progress. The picture quality is not very clear.
WIPW208-creapeatz-2
I also found a lost project which I was searching for quite some time. This was a saree project. A few motifs were traced on one end of the saree, where it is draped over the left shoulder. This is called the pallu [Hindi] or thalippu [Tamil] of the saree. This saree was hidden in the wardrobe all this time.
WIPW166-phucreamsar-1

This week I could write the post on Wednesday itself!
This week, I could work on Beyond TAST challenge and a stitch on SSS challenge. The samples detail will be in separate posts.
Because of the time taken to work the challenges, the navy blouse was not even seen this week.
Chain stitches were worked with light blue thread on this sleeve border.
WIPW206-blublazt-4
Two new projects are in progress, a string bag for a friend’s birthday and embroidery on neck line for a chiffon fabric. Hope to have more details next week.

Yesterday I had gone out, so the progress during the week is posted today. Stitch challenges are kept aside this week. The projects are keeping me occupied.
Variegated silk thread is used to work the straight stitches around the centre of each motif.
wipw205-blublazt-3
After working bluish green silk thread on black fabric, an idea to outline the motifs on the blouse with the same thread occurred, and I started working on it.
wipw205-navymetb-4
So many things to do this week, with a new stitches on Beyond TAST challenge and SSS challenge.

 

Project work seems to be increasing. The routine is to buy fabrics from India, design and work the embroideries, then they are given to the tailor to be sewn as tunic sets or blouses. This was going well till the projects were small or medium.
Now the projects are taking more time, the stitch challenges were not started for the past few weeks.
Some thinking and planning are in order. A new year resolution may be?
After swapping the border onto another tunic, a small border of triangles made of herringbone stitches with chain stitch was worked very near to the attached border.
WIPW201-blaikmirt-7
This is another tunic in satin silk, which came from the tailor yesterday. Small heart shaped pearl beads can be put to use.
WIPW201-lorasatsit-1
The bluish green fabric is some type of tussar silk saree bought from FabIndia during this recent trip. The navy fabric is raw silk for the blouse. The embroidery work will be on the sleeves of the blouse.
WIPW201-navymetb-1

I am still working on tunic projects.
The black ikat tunic was attached with the mirror work border. The border was sewn slightly away from the neck, and looks like the embroidered piece was not showing well on this black ikat fabric.
WIPW200-blaikmirt-5
I asked the tailor to take the piece away and attach it to another short top made of two fabrics. This time the piece was part of neck. May need some more embroidery, still thinking about it. These days, my tailor is sewing fancy necks for the back also!
WIPW200-blaikmirt-6
The kutchwork on this black tunic with printed border was completed. Now mirrors- to go with the markings or work the mirrors as a part of the motif?
WIPW200-blacrekutt-3
Once these projects are over, two fabrics are ready to be designed. One is a saree blouse, another one is a chiffon fabric for tunic.

The daylight is getting shorter these days. I am not able to work for more time. The progress on projects is slow. Maybe due to dark colours being used. The challenge stitches are kept aside for a while.
The mirrors were stitched on this black border. Feeling the white open chain stitch gives too much of a contrast to the black mirrors. Initially wanted to work some silver beads over them, a friend suggested a red colour option. Trying that option, dark red stones are being stitched on the open chain stitches.
WIPW198-blaikmirt-4
I started working on the cross stitch project, which is birthday gift. It is specifically designed to fit a square frame from IKEA. I had already presented a printed card which fitted this frame to his wife two years ago. Project might take longer than I anticipated. The pictures will be posted after the frame has been gifted. The challenges will be started after this project.

Next Page »