Kashmiri work


Just as expected, I couldn’t spend much time on my stitching. But it was not household work, but other things which were not conducive for stitching.

My brother’s health is not good. he had a mild Heart attack a few days ago. He needs surgery.
I restarted the blue thread on flowers on this cotton navy tunic. Just a few flowers were worked.
WIPW222-ncotka-8
The same colour thread is used for working more double running stitches. Drawing and tracing the design took a long time on this fabric for white printed mull tunic, the stitching definitely would take a long time too.
WIPW222-wgtct-3
If the stitching work is minimum this week, it wouldn’t be a surprise.

Advertisements

This past few days have been good stitch wise. The SSS challenge looks inviting week by week. I do have to set aside some time for this challenge. I lost tracking Beyond TAST for few weeks, really need to check are there any stitches which were not worked before.
Changing the colour of kutchwork on black yoke was completed. Luckily a mangalagiri fabric may go well with this yoke. A black fabric can also be sewn along with it.
WIPW221-blaykk-5
After completing the stems, a different blue thread was used to work the border around the neck. My friend is not sure about this colour, let me see.
WIPW221-ncotka-7
The neutral colour tussar work is still going off and on. This is a part of one completed sleeve. The other sleeve needs to be worked now.
WIPW221-neutusstz-7
The black work design on bluish green yoke for printed mull tunic was started with the colours from the fabric print, after this white thread will be used predominantly
WIPW221-wgtct-2
The next few days, it seems I might be busy with other house work, so next week’s progress may not be much.

This week went with the works on tunics.
I am still in the mode of changing the colours of the kutchwork black yoke. The blue colour was changed to yellow. This project was restarted with changing the blue colour, somehow green preceded it. I have started with changing the blue on the other side today.
WIPW220-blaykk-4
After filling with blue thread on this gold neckline, I started working isolated fly stitch variation with green novelty thread.
WIPW220-bpcretfse-5
Some more stems were worked with chain stitch on this navy tunic.
WIPW220-ncotka-6
Now that I am getting more friendly with my computer, I would like to post the details of the finished projects of this year.

This week was a productive.
Except for a few earlier stitches, I have caught up with SSS challenge.
The current Beyond TAST challenge is yet to be taken for consideration. Hope it starts next week.
Red and black tunic
The work on this tunic is nearing completion. Red oval stones were stitched onto the yoke. In the picture it is not clear. I am working on the sleeves now.
WIPW193-redblatp-4
Cream tussar tunic
I am in the last phase on this project. After working on peach thread, the final detail is the yellow thread for the flower centre. The sleeves are ready, the work is continuing on the tunic front.
WIPW193-creamtust-11
Two other projects are still in thinking mode.

 

Another late post. It was hard to sit in front of the computer during the holidays. Stitch wise it was okay. I could work on an idea and started on the next stitch sampler on SSS challenge.

After working awhile with peach thread, had this notion it might outdo the green, so started working with a golden colour thread inside the flower. It looks better for the time being. The next three days are filled with tradition based religious activities. Hoping to restart stitching from Tuesday.
WIPW187-creamtust-10

I am still working on SSS challenge stitches this past week. Two weeks holiday in India starts on this Friday. If a few more stitches are explored before that I would be happy. But stitching without thinking will be an ideal relaxation now. Beyond TAST challenge has one more week.
Cream tussar tunic
I have started working on the last detail of the leaves. After this detail is completed, time to choose the colour for flowers.
WIPW183-creamtust-8
Another design for tunic also was started this week. The tunic is a combination of two purple cotton fabrics, a blue zari border would be attached to the front and sleeves.
WIPW183-vvblugkutcht-1
A light green fabric will have kutchwork motifs around which this border will be attached in the front. After designing the motif, the work was started on the green fabric.
WIPW183-vvblugkutcht-2
The green fabric is small enough to carry on the trip, if I find time to stitch.

I was supposed to write this post yesterday evening. But my PC had already made plans for long update.
Two more braids were worked on Beyond TAST challenge. I have decided to try the last few week stitches of SSS challenge and work few samples. This plan is for tomorrow.
The outline on kantha work on black fabric was completed. The sleeves and tunic fabrics are ready to go the tailor.
WIPW182-marblaikatkantha-7
And the chain stitch embroidery on cream tussar tunic is building up on the yoke.
WIPW182-creamtust-7
Now the tailor is fairly free after Ramadhan, it is time to design some embroideries on the fabrics which were bought earlier. Maybe time to start with blouses. Will post the progress on them later.

Next Page »