chain stitch


Projects
The work with peach thread and stones was completed. It is good to start small projects running along with long projects. The enthusiasm does not diminish during long projects because of these small ones. Over the week, the work on this cream fabric with blue silk thread continued.
WIPW211-creabluts-2
I also started the work on neutral colour tussar with gold metallic thread. Both the projects will take a lot of time.
WIPW211-neutusstz-2
It is time to work a small project. This striped fabric is also tussar silk. A simple neck design was drawn. And the same was traced on to cream colour silk cotton fabric. More details on next post.

WIPW211-creatussnt-1

 

Advertisements

I am still working on projects this week. Generally, handloom cotton, silk, crepe fabrics are bought during trips to India. The season being cool here in Muscat, the silk and crepe fabrics are taken out for designing and embroidering. Some work is rich, intricate and time consuming. This year, even elaborate work is interesting.
Last week, the picture of the peach on cream chiffon was not clear. This picture shows the circles worked in detached chain and fly stitches. The chain outline is worked in two shades of peach silk threads.
WIPW209-creapeatz-3
This week’s progress is rope stitch on the stems and stone embellishment.
WIPW209-creapeatz-4
The work on navy blue blouse is faster because of closed herringbone filling. Realizing now, the gold metallic thread must have been harder to work, that is why it took so much time. Since it was repetitive, it was relaxing. The picture of the progress was not taken, because of the same motif.
A tussar silk in neutral colour is with the tailor for marking of neck and sleeves. The idea will be shared on next week’s post.

I am working only on projects this week.
Another idea is tried out on navy blouse. The paisleys are filled with closed herringbone stitch with variegated metallic thread. The initial idea was to fill these in chain stitch, realizing the time taken for this project, decided to fill with closed herringbone. One motif done! 5 more to go.
WIPW208-navymetb-5
The work on cream chiffon tunic started with tracing of the neck line on cream silk cotton fabric. Circles were drawn to work flowers. 7 detached chains and fly stitches are worked on the circles. This stitch arrangement is still in progress. The picture quality is not very clear.
WIPW208-creapeatz-2
I also found a lost project which I was searching for quite some time. This was a saree project. A few motifs were traced on one end of the saree, where it is draped over the left shoulder. This is called the pallu [Hindi] or thalippu [Tamil] of the saree. This saree was hidden in the wardrobe all this time.
WIPW166-phucreamsar-1

Yesterday I had gone out, so the progress during the week is posted today. Stitch challenges are kept aside this week. The projects are keeping me occupied.
Variegated silk thread is used to work the straight stitches around the centre of each motif.
wipw205-blublazt-3
After working bluish green silk thread on black fabric, an idea to outline the motifs on the blouse with the same thread occurred, and I started working on it.
wipw205-navymetb-4
So many things to do this week, with a new stitches on Beyond TAST challenge and SSS challenge.

 

Project work seems to be increasing. The routine is to buy fabrics from India, design and work the embroideries, then they are given to the tailor to be sewn as tunic sets or blouses. This was going well till the projects were small or medium.
Now the projects are taking more time, the stitch challenges were not started for the past few weeks.
Some thinking and planning are in order. A new year resolution may be?
After swapping the border onto another tunic, a small border of triangles made of herringbone stitches with chain stitch was worked very near to the attached border.
WIPW201-blaikmirt-7
This is another tunic in satin silk, which came from the tailor yesterday. Small heart shaped pearl beads can be put to use.
WIPW201-lorasatsit-1
The bluish green fabric is some type of tussar silk saree bought from FabIndia during this recent trip. The navy fabric is raw silk for the blouse. The embroidery work will be on the sleeves of the blouse.
WIPW201-navymetb-1

Another late post. It was hard to sit in front of the computer during the holidays. Stitch wise it was okay. I could work on an idea and started on the next stitch sampler on SSS challenge.

After working awhile with peach thread, had this notion it might outdo the green, so started working with a golden colour thread inside the flower. It looks better for the time being. The next three days are filled with tradition based religious activities. Hoping to restart stitching from Tuesday.
WIPW187-creamtust-10

I am still working on SSS challenge stitches this past week. Two weeks holiday in India starts on this Friday. If a few more stitches are explored before that I would be happy. But stitching without thinking will be an ideal relaxation now. Beyond TAST challenge has one more week.
Cream tussar tunic
I have started working on the last detail of the leaves. After this detail is completed, time to choose the colour for flowers.
WIPW183-creamtust-8
Another design for tunic also was started this week. The tunic is a combination of two purple cotton fabrics, a blue zari border would be attached to the front and sleeves.
WIPW183-vvblugkutcht-1
A light green fabric will have kutchwork motifs around which this border will be attached in the front. After designing the motif, the work was started on the green fabric.
WIPW183-vvblugkutcht-2
The green fabric is small enough to carry on the trip, if I find time to stitch.

Next Page »