decorative stitch


This tunic was worked in 2012.
This cotton tunic is handloom cotton in golden yellow. The Indian pant is cream and yellow with a wavy pattern.
cre&yelkut-fab
the pattern was inspired by a tunic seen in a boutique.
cre&yelkut-pat
Starting with kutchwork border in the centre , the other linear stitches are chain in different colours, closed herringbone stitch, zigzag back stitch, fly stitch and its variation, and the last chain stitch boxes are for the mirrors to be worked inside. The detail-
cre&yelkut-d1
After working the small square mirrors.
cre&yelkut-2
The detail after working the mirrors.
cre&yelkut-d3
The sewn tunic.
DSC00141

Advertisements

Just as expected, I couldn’t spend much time on my stitching. But it was not household work, but other things which were not conducive for stitching.

My brother’s health is not good. he had a mild Heart attack a few days ago. He needs surgery.
I restarted the blue thread on flowers on this cotton navy tunic. Just a few flowers were worked.
WIPW222-ncotka-8
The same colour thread is used for working more double running stitches. Drawing and tracing the design took a long time on this fabric for white printed mull tunic, the stitching definitely would take a long time too.
WIPW222-wgtct-3
If the stitching work is minimum this week, it wouldn’t be a surprise.

This week went with the works on tunics.
I am still in the mode of changing the colours of the kutchwork black yoke. The blue colour was changed to yellow. This project was restarted with changing the blue colour, somehow green preceded it. I have started with changing the blue on the other side today.
WIPW220-blaykk-4
After filling with blue thread on this gold neckline, I started working isolated fly stitch variation with green novelty thread.
WIPW220-bpcretfse-5
Some more stems were worked with chain stitch on this navy tunic.
WIPW220-ncotka-6
Now that I am getting more friendly with my computer, I would like to post the details of the finished projects of this year.

New monitor was set up on Monday. Images copied from hard disk yesterday. Today I am organisng the folders.
Now for the works in progress in embroidery.
The old kutchwork yoke looked like this before I started removing the beads, sequins and changing the colour.
WIPW219-blaykk-3
It looks like this now, the next step is to replace blue with yellow.
WIPW219-blaykk-2
The front of the neutral tussar silk tunic is being worked now with zardosi beads, pearl beads and sequins.
WIPW219-neutusstz-6
The leaves and stems were worked on the panels of the cream silk cotton fabric for this cream chiffon tunic. Now the progress is on the flowers.
WIPW219-creabluts-5
The neckline embroidery for the printed blue crepe tunic is quite slow, still started with the dark blue thread.
WIPW219-bpcretfse-4
This past week was quite progressive, did some catching up with old UFO’s

This sampler was also worked some time ago, the details of which were not posted. The working is here on Queenie’s blog.
The sampler is started with the basic stitch, the next two samples are the back of the same stitch.
SSS.47.tsinsst-1
Two rows of this stitch are worked in two ways in the first two samples. Individual stitches are worked in the last part of this sampler.
SSS.47.tsinsst-2
The sampler-
SSS.47.Two sided insertion stitch sampler

I am catching up on the posts of Sunday Stitch School samplers. The working of this stitch is on Queenie’s blog.
I started the sampler by working the stitches between 2 parallel lines. The next ones are shorter versions of the stitch.
SSS.67.fishbst-1
After working the stitches on leaf and heart shapes, the fishbone stitches are outlined with stem stitch.
SSS.67.fishbst-2
French knots are worked around closed fishbone stitches in the first sample, fly stitches are used to work the second sample instead of straight stitches, the last sample is outlined with buttonhole stitches.
SSS.67.fishbst-3
The whole sampler.
SSS.67.Fishbone stitch sampler

This was one of those weeks, where nothing went according to any plan. It was hard to find time to work, hard to get to computer.
The stitch challenges were never even thought of during the week.
Whenever I could find time, a few stitches were made.
The chain stitches with metallic thread on neutral tussar fabric progressed only this far.
WIPW213-neutusstz-4
The chain stitch triangles on this cream neckline were worked with variegated silk/ metallic thread.
WIPW213-creatussnt-3
It appears, this coming week too will be the same.

Next Page »