antique pattern from net

These days I am working on 2014 randjes. This is another cross stitch border made along with the first one. The source is the same- antique pattern and it was modified. The pattern-



I felt the continuous crosses was too crowded, and chose to work the alternate ones for the outline.



Cotton skeins were used for this work.



The idea of taking picture after each colour thread was worked, helps in seeing how this piece looked at different stages.



They can be used as inspiration to create another pattern based on this.



The cross stitches are completed.



Dark pink/light purple pearl beads were used for embellishment and also the green thread on the outline and inside the triangle needed to be separated. Pink stones were added in the centre.



The border sewn on to the pouch, which looks like deep red, but is actually dark purple!

cross stitch border 2

cross stitch border 2

I derived satisfaction choosing the colours on this pattern and see them come to life when they were worked.

I started with some floral motifs worked in satin stitch today. These motifs are all from the pdf file downloaded from antique pattern library site.
These patterns were part of borders, fillers. I chose to do the motifs alone.
1st set-

14.sat st-11

The florals are worked with cone thread[available in India], thickness similar to perle cotton thread.

14.sat st-12

Straight satin stitches worked on canvas with this thread, leaves gap in between the individual stitches.

14.sat st-13

Another two florals.

14.sat st-14

I found still more satin stitch patterns on the old book, so might try some of them .

In this satin stitch sampler, today I tried some border patterns. These are worked from patterns downloaded as pdf files from antique pattern library.
Border pattern1

14.sat st-5

Satin stitch worked in a continuous pattern.

14. sat st-7

Satin stitch and cross stitch combination

14.sat st-7

satin stitch in two colours.

14.sat st-8

A combination of satin stitch and cretan stitch variation.

14.sat st-9

Border worked in satin stitch with variegated thread.

14.sat st-10

Tomorrow some motifs taken from the same old patterns .

The beaded and sequined green yoke was sewn on the green chiffon tunic. Generally it is easier to work on yokes with angles, but this yoke had curves and the edges were also sequined. Luckily the tailor did a good job.
The tunic-

green yoke on green tunic

The detail of the yoke –

green yoke on green tunic- detail

In this embroidery, the idea was to work with one colour. The effect would have been totally different, if it was worked with colour combinations. The antique yoke pattern was simple and elegant, and allows room for variations. It was part of a set of yoke patterns. I chose this with the idea of using the beads and sequins.

This tunic fabric is silk chiffon in light green. This fabric was bought with the idea of wearing over a light green t-shirt. The yoke was green [ but a different shade] and the embroidery and embellishments were also done in green colours. The details of the embroidery done on this greeny, greeny tunic!
While I was working on the tunic , picture were not taken, so the picture is of the fully completed yoke only.
The pattern was from antique pattern available on the web. I just reproduced the pattern[to suit my requirement], nothing creative here.
The whole embroidery was worked in stem stiches in two shades of green[ of course!]
The embellishments added were green seed beads and green sequins[ going green]. My only input was in the embellishing area
The yoke detail-

green on green-yoke detail

The yoke on tunic-

green on green -yoke

The tunic on my next post. Since Iam unable to find the resource from which this pattern was chosen, Iam  posting this link for  reference, may be this link has this pattern.

The cross stitch border patterns are completed on this red aida fabric. As usual the tunic and the borders were given to the tailor for sewing.
The fully finished tunic now looks like this-


white and red tunic


another picture with the both yoke and the sleeves-

white and red tunic -2

Three medium sized pleats were stitched on both sides if the yoke. the close up of the yoke-

white and red tunic -closeup

I have worn this tunic a few times, either with leggings or salwar. Most of my tunics, have an Indian look, because of the ethnic embroidery I work on them, but this tunic is different, the cross stitch embroidery and the pattern  are not from India.

After completing the yoke for this white tunic, I started with the sleeves. the centre pattern of the yoke was not worked in the sleeves. Other than that, the same floral border pattern is worked in cross stitch.
The WIP on the sleeves-

white and red tunic -WIP sleeves


The completed border on the sleeves-

white and red tunic- sleeves

The yoke and sleeves before being attached to the tunic looks like this.

white and red tunic - yoke and sleeves

The tunic on my next post.

Next Page »