green /brown gold tunic[c]


I could complete the green gold silk fabric for my friend this week. After that I was alternatively working with  these two  projects in progress.
 Green boat neck tunic.

The diamond  shaped mirrors are being stitched on this green boat neck top. I am working 2 or 3 mirrors at a time every day.
WIPW242-greeboatt-7
 Black and gold tunic.

The leaves and tendrils are worked in stem stitch with 3 strands. The stems are worked in 4 strands. At this point, I am thinking it is taking more time than expected. The design offers scope for more details. But if I work on them, this project might take time which is not practical. Keeping it simple and just be within the plan will be the best option. I took an aspect of a big paisley design and modified and  drew the size I wanted  from this book, I have.
WIPW242-blagolt-3
Though all designs are interesting, I tend to favour traditional Indian designs. Before being exposed to this embroidery world through the web, I grew up seeing these designs around. Hand embroidery takes time, to work on each and every idea may not be possible. But some of them are very inspiring, calming the mind and gives contentment too.

I was juggling with projects this week.
Green gold tunic
All the 31 motifs were completed first in this week. My friend was happy, now we both felt the neck and the sleeves were too plain, instead of attempting a border, we decided to work the same motifs on the neck and sleeves.
Green
I have started on a more leisurely pace on this project now. There are 11 motifs to work- 4 on each sleeve and 5 around the neck.
WIPW241-greegolt[c]-4
Green boat neck tunic
The satin stitch circles were completed this week. Next stage is to stitch the diamond mirrors and then the round mirrors. Attaching the mirrors needs more concentration, have to choose the right time.
WIPW241-greeboatt-6
Blue neck embroidery
I am working chain stitch in the space between the back stitch lines with the same blue skein.
WIPW241-creblut-2
Black and gold tunic
This tunic is marked and cut by the tailor, if I don’t complete it at a reasonable time, he might misplace the rest of the fabric. The work started with the leaves. This may be a big project.
WIPW241-blagolt-2

It was New Year day, after deciding to go with the projects in progress, by afternoon, an idea to start a new tunic project came to mind.
The tailor had marked a black silk tunic for embroidery 2 days before 2020 started.
blagolt-1
The gold fabric with black  border lines is a long stole [duppatta] for this black tunic. Earlier, I had drawn and prepared a single paisley design for this. After I  traced the pattern onto the fabric, my friend came with a sewn tunic, which she got from the tailor that day. He had sewn it well, she wanted to incorporate a small  motif all over the front of the tunic, which she had seen somewhere, but couldn’t get hold of it again .I tried some stitching on the inside neck with sample threads to give reality to her idea.
greegolt[c]-1
I started marking the placements of the motif and drew an upright cross[2 cm] on them that night. Next day I worked 2 motifs, and searched my stash also for similar options.
greegolt[c]-2
Her idea when she said I couldn’t interpret in embroidery, after deliberating for some time changing the metallic threads, we could arrive at something common. This is the motif she is happy with.It is worked brown metallic thread, silver metallic thread and same green silk thread.
greegolt[c]-3
Total number of motifs -31. I am still working on them. I completing each and moving onto another. This might be completed by next week.