Blue printed crepe tunic


This week went with the works on tunics.
I am still in the mode of changing the colours of the kutchwork black yoke. The blue colour was changed to yellow. This project was restarted with changing the blue colour, somehow green preceded it. I have started with changing the blue on the other side today.
WIPW220-blaykk-4
After filling with blue thread on this gold neckline, I started working isolated fly stitch variation with green novelty thread.
WIPW220-bpcretfse-5
Some more stems were worked with chain stitch on this navy tunic.
WIPW220-ncotka-6
Now that I am getting more friendly with my computer, I would like to post the details of the finished projects of this year.

Advertisements

New monitor was set up on Monday. Images copied from hard disk yesterday. Today I am organisng the folders.
Now for the works in progress in embroidery.
The old kutchwork yoke looked like this before I started removing the beads, sequins and changing the colour.
WIPW219-blaykk-3
It looks like this now, the next step is to replace blue with yellow.
WIPW219-blaykk-2
The front of the neutral tussar silk tunic is being worked now with zardosi beads, pearl beads and sequins.
WIPW219-neutusstz-6
The leaves and stems were worked on the panels of the cream silk cotton fabric for this cream chiffon tunic. Now the progress is on the flowers.
WIPW219-creabluts-5
The neckline embroidery for the printed blue crepe tunic is quite slow, still started with the dark blue thread.
WIPW219-bpcretfse-4
This past week was quite progressive, did some catching up with old UFO’s

My PC is being replaced by another one. Still Waiting for the monitor to be set up. This period I am taking a break from Internet. I could have used the phone, but did not.
The stitch challenges are still to be worked. There are many interesting stitches on SSS challenge, but the projects take most of the time. Being summer[very hot for the past few days] the silk fabrics are set aside and cotton fabrics are getting attention.
The towel edgings were completed.
The old dark red yoke which was started a few weeks ago, went to the tailor after attaching the mirrors on it.
DSC08408
The sewn tunic looks like this, I had thought he would stitch around the shape of the yoke. It was not to be. So another few mirrors can be sewn on it. The markings of the mirror placements are done with white pencil.
DSC08505
This crepe silk fabric somehow came in the summer season awaiting attention.
DSC08410
A synthetic fabric [not sure whether it is satin] in gold is chosen to work the embroidery. The design is a border around the neckline.
DSC08412
When we were in India last month, I bought some fine cotton fabrics for tunics. This fabric is used for blouses for sarees. They come is so many colours. The first colour choice to work next project is navy blue.
DSC08471
I wanted to do this for my friend, she preferred a lighter colour. I had a dark blue tunic with floral machine embroidery in orange bought in Delhi a few decades ago. After deciding to use the same colour scheme on this tunic, a visit to the parlour changed that idea. The present colours are –
DSC08473
A medium size yoke pattern is drawn on paper.
That’s the progress during the week. This coming week should be a productive one.