parrot green pink salwar tunic


Last week’s stitch half bullioned chain stitch on SSS challenge was attempted, struggled and completed on Saturday. This week’s stitch looks a bit difficult, have to try after this weekend.
This week’s stitch on TAST challenge has closed herringbone stitch, which was worked on earlier challenge. This stitch was worked on allover continuous pattern, which did not require any variations. Posting on FB group page may not be necessary.
Project details
Cream linen tunic in kutchwork

The designing is nearing completion. Then begins the process on tracing. The pattern has three parts. Neck, and two borders. These have to be coordinated while tracing the pattern on the cream fabric. This fabric is a light weight soft cotton, easier for this work. The kutchwork design is drawn on 5 mm graph, so the embroidery may not be too thick worked with two strands of thread.
The simple embroidery on bright green tunic was completed. The tiny pleats are used as outlines and two borders were worked – back stitch in dark green and double cross stitch in light green threads.
WIPW141-pargreepinktmir-2
Round mirrors were worked on the neck with pink thread. It feels good to work simple embroidery and complete the project in two days work. The green cotton fabric is not very soft, still looks bright. Have to see the effect after washing.
WIPW141-pargreepinktmir-3Cream
This week there was not much time to work the zardosi embroidery. I have started filling with the violet zardosi beads on the flowers.

Advertisements

Stitch challenges
By starting the SSS challenge stitch early, I had time work more stitch combinations on the sampler.
The TAST stitch was worked on earlier challenge, just posting the link on FB group was the only thing to do.
Projects
Last year I had seen a half white tunic on pinterest. The is tunic had geometric borders around the neck
and front in black. It was hard to determine whether the design was printed or embroidered. An idea to
convert the borders into kutchwork designs was on mind. Found that, it is easier to convert the borders
to kutchwork design, but drawing them on paper is taking a long time. After the designing part is
completed, this pattern has to be traced on cream colour cotton fabric and after that the embroidery
work will begin. Seems like a long and tedious project, still having waited this long to start on the idea, it
is better not to postpone it any further.
A block printed fabric was bought some years ago. When it was matched with a dark green fabric and small patch of mirror work, my previous tailor made this block printed fabric into a salwar[ Indian pants],  and the dark green fabric into a tunic. The dark green fabric was thick , synthetic  fabric and was not comfortable to wear and it was disregarded after some time.
WIPW140-green mir
This printed fabric underwent another change of trying match with a brown/pink fabric with medium size embroidery. At that time it seemed a like a good idea to work the embroidery in light colours, but the fabric which had grains on it was not showing the embroidery properly. I don’t seem to have the picture of the tunic. This was also disregarded at a later date and the printed salwar was hiding in the closet. This time on my Chennai trip, I decided to play safe by buying a plain green fabric. This was given to the tailor last week.
WIPW140-pargreepinktmir-1
A simple embroidery has to be worked in between the pleats and five mirrors have to stitched on the neck. Planning to start the work tomorrow. A simple embroidery is required at this time.
I moved on to lighter green thread on this pink silk cotton fabric for the violet matka silk tunic. the stitch is leaf stitch.

WIPW140-silkzardosi-5