This week’s stitch on SSS challenge is knotted satin stitch. This stitch is a new one to learn. It looks interesting, but whether it is an easy or difficult stitch I will know only after trying it. Still pondering over the workable designs for this stitch.
This week’s stitch on TAST challenge is Basque stitch. The samples of this stitch were worked on earlier challenges. I have noticed search for the word ‘Basque’ leads to my post of this stitch samples.
I don’t need to mention about other challenges. They aren’t happening.
The cross stitches are being worked on the Aida fabric for the sleeves of navy blue polyester linen tunic.
A benarasi georgette tunic fabric was in the wardrobe for some months. This week a pattern around the neck was drawn for zardosi embroidery with stones. The embroidery will commence after SSS challenge and cross stitch on sleeves project.
It was quite a relaxed week of embroidery. looking forward to learn this knotted satin stitch.
crossstitch on blue polyester linen
February 15, 2017
February 8, 2017
SSS challenge does not have any new stitch this week. Queenie is using last five weeks stitches on a project. At present I am not planning to do anything this week. But eager to see how all these stitches are used by Queenie.
Last week’s TAST challenge stitch sampler was completed and the link was posted. This week’s stitch is alternating up and down buttonhole stitch. The samples were worked during earlier TAST challenge. The link to the post was posted on FB group page yesterday.
The other challenges are yet to be part of weekly routine.
The embroidery on cream raw silk was completed and the tunic fabric along with the embroidered piece is given to the tailor. The silk fabrics with lining are ideal for cool weather. I had bought some silk fabrics in India on my earlier trips. They are brought out now to be embroidered. Though a general idea was there when these fabrics were bought, it is only at the time of making them into a project the ideas are coming into shape. Another dark green fabric is in queue for zardosi embroidery.
Some progress was made on the sleeves of the navy blue polyester linen tunic.
After working on current project during the day, the evenings are spent browsing the net for ideas. Focus is on zardosi embroidery. The zardosi beads look grand on silk fabrics. Most of the designs involve all over embroidery or heavy work on sarees and blouses. Not suitable for my requirement. Still looking around. yesterday some browsing was done on Parsi embroidery too. The idea of parsi embroidery was implemented on a few tunics some years ago. It was trial error at that time. may be it is time to try it again.
February 1, 2017
On SSS challenge there is a new stitch- Japanese darning stitch. A sampler was worked yesterday.
On TAST 2017 also has a new stitch this week, fancy herringbone stitch, which was not part of earlier TAST challenges. Hoping to start this stitch sampler today or tomorrow.
The NESSAL and RPW2016 were not started or touched this week.
After working the stem and arrowhead stitches, green zardosi beads are used for filling the paisleys and the space between the arrowhead stitches. I have started working the beads on the last outline, but yet to take the picture.
The sleeves of a navy blue polyester linen tunic will have cross stitch borders on them. Two borders were chosen from files downloaded on the internet.
After securing the edges of the Aida with buttonhole stitches, the borders were started. Three shades of blue and one dark red are to be used on this project. Work on this project will be after the completion of the zardosi embroidery.