pink border tunic


This tunic fabric is cotton. It might be Kanchi or south Indian cotton. It came with a woven  border on it. The embroidery is worked after the tunic is sewn. The tailor stitched the border on the tunic beautifully and neatly.

pinborkut-before emb

pinborkut-before emb

The idea was to work kutchwork borders just below the borders in the front of tunic and use mirrors to further embellish it. Presently the designs I am working on are exclusively kutchwork, without any other stitches, influenced by Armenian Marash embroidery. The small kutchwork borders were drawn free hand with pencil. When I started embroidering on the tunics, this is how the designs were drawn on sewn tunics. Going down the memory lane, the kutchwork embroidery was worked with yellow anchor cotton skein# 304.

pinbotkut-left

pinbotkut-left

The second border is made of square kutchwork motifs. I was still in the stage of adding mirrors below this border. The detail-

pinborkut-rightdet

pinborkut-rightdet

The completed second border. When looking at these two borders, I felt the embroidered borders were quite attractive below the woven borders by themselves, and if the mirrors are stitched, they might take the focus away from the beauty of the woven border.

pinborkut-right

pinborkut-right

While buying this fabric, I could get a cotton ikat with similar colour scheme of the woven border for matching salwar [Indian pants].

pinborkut-salwar

pinborkut-salwar

The completed tunic.

pink border kutchwork tunic

pink border kutchwork tunic

Since the patterns were drawn on the tunic itself, the pattern on paper is not available for sharing.

Advertisements

The randje per week challenge chart of the week was completed on Saturday. The TAST challenge break will last till 16th August.
Kutchwork Cream tunic with kalamkari patch
Another motif was completed during this week. The pattern is such that, the working on each motif is continuous. Actually I started my kutchwork lesson with the simplest version of this motif. Though it is repetitive, it is also relaxing. But have decided to work one motif per week.

WIPW98-crkalamkaripatkutch-5

WIPW98-crkalamkaripatkutch-5

Pink kutch border tunic
This week, another tunic which was sewn earlier took my fancy. So yesterday, a small kutch work border was started below the woven border. Will there be any embellishments such as mirrors or beads? This is still undecided. Thought will go with the flow of the work and decide later.

WIPW98-pinborderkutch-2

WIPW98-pinborderkutch-2

The other kutch work border on green fabric was ignored this week.
There was a kasuti embroidery pattern which gave rise to an idea of a kutchwork pattern. The possibilities are being explored.
Mirror work
The block printed white fabric was picked up from the tailor. It has blue borders around the neck and sleeves. I am happy with his work. The size of the mirror needs to be chosen.
The beige fabric is given to the tailor for marking. The design for sleeves and tunic front was drawn on graph paper. This may not be a small project, with 172 mirrors. Implementing to work a small project seems moving further away.

I am linking these blogs.

blog1

blog2

 

 

The randje per week challenge was completed on Saturday. This week’s TAST challenge has two stitches. The pintangle link is here. These were also worked in earlier TAST challenge.
Lemon green chikan tunic
Some more progress was made this week on this lemon green tunic. Four strands of anchor white skein are used to work the stitches. This lemon green cotton fabric is ideal to work on.

WIPW95-lemgrechik-5

WIPW95-lemgrechik-5

Kutchwork Cream tunic with kalamkari patch
This project is enticing me to work on it. Giving in to the temptation, just started on this motif with three strands of red thread.

WIPW95-crekalamkaripatkutch-3

WIPW95-crekalamkaripatkutch-3

Holidays for Ramadhan started yesterday. My friends are busy. Their projects are yet to be started. My tailor also needs a break during this period. The brown combo tunic was sewn very well. I had an idea of a strip of the block printed fabric to be used for sleeve borders. Which the tailor forgot. The plain edge gives an unfinished look.

WIPW92-yelcombo-3

WIPW92-yelcombo-3

The pink border tunic also needs to be embroidered. This week can be used for taking care of these two works.

WIPW90-pinbordert-1

WIPW90-pinbordert-1

Along with the works in progress, some ideas for embroidery are also passing through the mind. I really need to put those ideas on a book before they vanish into thin air. Not all tunics are suitable for Marash embroidery. A Kantha work and a mirror work are waiting for some apt designs.

RPW 2016 challenge chart of the week was completed on time.
Two stitches together- crossed and plaited feather stitches are this week’s TAST challenge stitches. These stitch samplers were worked earlier.  the working of these stitches are on Pintangle. The link to these stitch  samplers are posted on FB group.
The embroidery for the white kota cotton fabric with green block prints was completed this week. The tunic is with the tailor.
Black border tunic
Filling stitches on the paisley motif were worked with variegated fine silk thread on the black fabric with woven border.

WIPW90-blbordert-2

WIPW90-blbordert-2

This pink tunic with border was sewn by the tailor last week. The embroidery designing is yet to be done.

WIPW90-pinbordert-1

WIPW90-pinbordert-1

There was not much progress on embroidery work. I was seeing many Marash embroidery work. The history of Armenia was sad.
Keeping the idea of Marash embroidery a border was designed. I am a novice at circular kutchwork patterns. Three more ideas on this type of embroidery are waiting in queue. It is a different experience to plan and scheme a kutch pattern without mirrors or other stitches. Still it is very interesting. Hope to design them all before it slips from the memory.