July 2019


This tunic was worked in 2012.
This cotton tunic is handloom cotton in golden yellow. The Indian pant is cream and yellow with a wavy pattern.
cre&yelkut-fab
the pattern was inspired by a tunic seen in a boutique.
cre&yelkut-pat
Starting with kutchwork border in the centre , the other linear stitches are chain in different colours, closed herringbone stitch, zigzag back stitch, fly stitch and its variation, and the last chain stitch boxes are for the mirrors to be worked inside. The detail-
cre&yelkut-d1
After working the small square mirrors.
cre&yelkut-2
The detail after working the mirrors.
cre&yelkut-d3
The sewn tunic.
DSC00141

The tunic was designed and worked in 2012. The fabric was block printed soft cotton named mul mul. The work was ethnic Gujarati embroidery. The motif design was repeated on the sleeves and on both sides of the shoulders-front and back.
crebrot-pat
Worked motif with the borders
crebrot-e
The sleeves were attached with red and brown pieces of fabrics, these were also embellished with embroidery and wooden beads.
crebrot-s
The tunic-
cream brown tunic

I have worked embroidery on tunics over the years. Not all of them were posted on the blog. I started writing ‘works in progress Wednesdays’ posts from 2014. These tunics were worked before that year. This tunic was worked in 2011.
The pick tunic fabric is cotton. The work was Kashmiri embroidery, the pattern has a motif and a decorative neckline consisting of flowers and paisleys.
pinliltk-pat
The motif was repeated on the hemline and sleeves. Embroidered motif.
pinliltk-em
The embroidered tunic.
pinklilac tunic[kashmiri]

Just as expected, I couldn’t spend much time on my stitching. But it was not household work, but other things which were not conducive for stitching.

My brother’s health is not good. he had a mild Heart attack a few days ago. He needs surgery.
I restarted the blue thread on flowers on this cotton navy tunic. Just a few flowers were worked.
WIPW222-ncotka-8
The same colour thread is used for working more double running stitches. Drawing and tracing the design took a long time on this fabric for white printed mull tunic, the stitching definitely would take a long time too.
WIPW222-wgtct-3
If the stitching work is minimum this week, it wouldn’t be a surprise.

This past few days have been good stitch wise. The SSS challenge looks inviting week by week. I do have to set aside some time for this challenge. I lost tracking Beyond TAST for few weeks, really need to check are there any stitches which were not worked before.
Changing the colour of kutchwork on black yoke was completed. Luckily a mangalagiri fabric may go well with this yoke. A black fabric can also be sewn along with it.
WIPW221-blaykk-5
After completing the stems, a different blue thread was used to work the border around the neck. My friend is not sure about this colour, let me see.
WIPW221-ncotka-7
The neutral colour tussar work is still going off and on. This is a part of one completed sleeve. The other sleeve needs to be worked now.
WIPW221-neutusstz-7
The black work design on bluish green yoke for printed mull tunic was started with the colours from the fabric print, after this white thread will be used predominantly
WIPW221-wgtct-2
The next few days, it seems I might be busy with other house work, so next week’s progress may not be much.