August 2014


The working of last week’s beaded herringbone stitch is on Pintangle. I am still on the catching up mode. This piece is moving faster than the previous week’s stitch.
Back stitch borders are worked between beaded herringbone stitches. The dark pink beads look like red in the picture.

31.125.beadhbonest-1

31.125.beadhbonest-1

After working the beaded herringbone stitches vertically, the beads are added [in progress] in the space made with closed herringbone stitch.

31.125.beadhbonest-2

31.125.beadhbonest-2

Advertisements

For the 16th week the progress on my projects are posted under this heading. It is helpful to the keep the mind focused on the progress of each one. The progress made by others can be seen on Pintangle.
The TAST challenge stitch took most of the time in this week. after completing it ,I moved on to the embroidery on tunic-
The centre of the yoke pattern on yellow tunic was worked with berry stitch [stranded cotton], chain stitch outlines [cotton skein and gold metallic thread] and herringbone filling [ variegated fine silk thread]

16.wipwednesdays-cytunic3

16.wipwednesdays-cytunic3

The back stitched petals and the progressing fly stitch filling inside the paisleys.

16.wipwednesdays-cytunic4

16.wipwednesdays-cytunic4

Embellishments will be with mirrors and beads. The third week edges were completed on Randje per week challenge. These edges are 8 inches in length. I started them in February.

16.wipwednesdays-rpw3

16.wipwednesdays-rpw3

The hussif was totally neglected this week too. The studio journal class lessons are very interesting and keeps me excited with many ideas, the habit of writing down the ideas needs to cultivated. Hoping that will start soon.

The paisley designs are associated with mango in Indian tradition. They are called as mango in all languages and not paisley here. While starting this design, the idea of mango was predominant in my mind. With the same idea, the last filling was done in yellow, 304, anchor stranded cotton.

30.124.clhbonest-4

30.124.clhbonest-4

The outline was worked in stem stitch with brown metallic thread [stem of ripe mango] and beads are added to the outer lines of closed herringbone stitch

30.124.closed herringbone stitch

30.124.closed herringbone stitch

The bead detail-

30.124.clhbonest-bead detail

30.124.clhbonest-bead detail

It was not practical to work this design – while taking an online class, TAST catching up and embroidery on tunic.  still I enjoyed working on this.Having said that, it seems the impracticality continues on my next TAST stitch too. Al least, we cannot forget the lesson of time taken for each project, this took me 11.5 hours [not continues of course]. I may use this piece on a bag.

The next stage of filling was done with combining two colours, green and yellow [258 and 304] stranded cotton. The lines on the sides are also worked with these threads. I wanted to work the alternate designs in green just as orange, but changed to do this.

30.124.clhbonest-3

30.124.clhbonest-3

Yesterday I worked the latest edges on this challenge.   the graph is here. I may be having too many things on a basket. Falling behind  on the TAST challenge ,studio journal class and slow progress on the tunic pattern, the list keeps going longer.

RPW- 67,68

RPW- 67,68

This was last week’s stitch on TAST challenge by SharonB. I am still catching up on the stitches. The studio journal class is in full swing. Thought along with the exercises, a piece could be designed for this challenge stitch too. The paisley idea continues in this week too. The filling design was an idea inspired by image on pinterest. It is 8inches by 5.5 inches rectangle.
Closed herringbone inside the paisley in orange stranded cotton.

30.124.clhbonest-1

30.124.clhbonest-1

Green thread was added at the next stage.

30.124.clhbonest-2

30.124.clhbonest-2

This is taking sometime to work. Exercises for the class are still to be done. Next time a simple design would be better.

This post is to cultivate a routine to progress on our projects in the right direction.  To see others progress this week visit Pintangle.

I did not work for the past two weeks so my progress is slow.
My immediate cousin joined the majority on Sunday night. He was 56. Times spent with him now cause pain.
Now to the progress on the projects-
Second week’s edges on Randje per week challenge was completed.

15.RIPW-RPW2

15.RIPW-RPW2

Another tunic was started, the colours are similar to the previous one. I tried some stitches on this oval shape, which were satisfactory. Outlines in chain stitch with cotton skein [red] and fine silk and metallic thread combo. Filling in fly stitch [green stranded cotton] and straight stitch in  yellow polyester thread.

15.WIPW-yctunic-1

15.WIPW-yctunic-1

The same treatment has to be repeated on these 16 paisleys.

15.WIPW-yctunic2

15.WIPW-yctunic2

I haven’t even looked at the Hussif. hope I can do better next week.
The studio journal lessons are used to design a piece for last week’s TAST stitch closed herringbone. The designing is done, the embroidery started. Enthusiasm has resulted in a medium size design- meaning time consuming, which is essential for working exercises for the class. I really need to think before deciding on something!

« Previous PageNext Page »