The working of this week’s stitch is on SharonB’s blog. I worked this isolated stitch with other TAST stitches in this sampler.
42.90.twisted satin with bead sampler
1.The twisted satin stitch with beads are worked with stem stitch curve, herringbone stitch, buttonhole wheel, Algerian eye and fly stitches,
2.The other stitches that form the motifs in the first row are, bullion knots, French knots, pistil stitches and arrowhead stitch worked as a star. The second row has chain stitch circles, Italian border stitches, basque and buttonhole stitches worked in circles. The twisted satin with beads are worked with these stitches.
3. Set of five and eight twisted satin with beads are worked in the first two samples, Cretan stitch worked as a triangle and square herringbone are other stitches in the next two samples in the first row. The second row has detached chain stitches, set of three beads, woven cross stitch and chevron stitch worked as a square
Before working the beaded twisted satin stitches, the other stitches were worked on this sampler-
I prefer to work the satin stitch with tapestry needle and perle cotton or the cone thread and the beads with thinner thread. It is time consuming, but better than trying to insert the bead to a thicker needle. Maybe, after working with # 5 perle cotton I could change my view.
For now looking forward to the next week’s stitch and catching up with last week’s twisted satin stitch.
This another version of working the picots on buttonhole stitches. Picots are worked with chain stitches, similar to crochet picot. The working of this is on SharonB’s blog. Picots are more neat and manageable in this version.
After working picots over few variations of buttonhole stitches and I moved on to working other TAST stitches into this stitch sampler.
40.88.buttonhole picot chain sampler
1.Picots are worked on closed buttonhole stitch in the first sample. Two rows of buttonhole picots are facing each other in the second sample. Picots are worked over another buttonhole stitch variation in the third sample.
2. Herringbone stitch is worked over buttonhole picot in the first row. Buttonhole picots are laced and whipped in the next two rows.
3. Three buttonhole stitches are tied together in the first row, detached chains and pistil stitches are worked with buttonhole picot stitches in the second and third row.
4. Picots are worked on buttonhole wheel variation with zigzag chain stitch in the first row. French knots and fly stitches are worked in the second and third rows.
5. Buttonhole stitches are worked through buttonhole picots row in the first sample. Pekinese stitch worked with the help of straight stitches over the picots in the last row.
The sampler was worked in polyester thread with chenille needle. I enjoyed working on this sampler. This stitch is fairly easy to work and can be used for decorative borders.
The sampler after working picots into other buttonhole stitch variations.
39.87 buttonhole picot bullion-sampler2
4.Picots are worked along with up and down buttonhole stitch in the first row. Picots are worked top of half buttonhole wheels in the second row. Picots are worked with top knotted buttonhole stitches in the third row.
5. Picots are worked with buttonhole stitches knotted over three stitches in the first row. Sailor stitch and picots are worked alternatively in the second row. Basque stitches and buttonhole picots are worked together in the last row.
The buttonhole stitches are not worked closer as suggested by SharonB. I found it easier to work them slightly apart for future reference also. This is an interesting stitch, will have to wait and see the chain picots. The completed sampler-
39.87.buttonhole picot bullion sampler