November 2011


The floral motifs were worked to two colours. Then straight stitches were worked over the petals. Then centre of each flower was embellished with blue stones. Blue beads were stitched on the petals long with the straight stitches.  Forgot to take pictures  at these stages. The completed yoke-

dark blue yokeon blue tunic- completed

Close up of the same. the beads and the stones are not clearly seen in the picture, but they are there!

dbyk bliue tunic-closeup1

 

The completed yoke was placed over the tunic fabric-

dabl yk on blue tunic-on tunic fabric

The sewn tunic with yoke and the yoke pattern on my next post.

Advertisements

The motif border is worked in blue thread. The next colour is dark pink. This is worked in chain stitch , outlining the blue thread.
The threads used in this yoke are silk threads, I used two strands of thread throughout the embroidery. the stitches were simple. The starting of the pink thread-

dark blue yoke on blue tunic-WIP1

The same yoke when completed with the pink thread, the closeup-

dark blue yoke on blue tunic-WIP2

Then straight stitches were worked in blue inside the petals.
Next post with the beads.

I back from my vacation, now settled with my routine. This time it was Singapore and Chennai.
Time spent at Chennai was completely taken over by dentist appointments[ root canal, crowning everything painful!]
This blue tunic fabric is printed mercerized cotton. I liked the pattern and colour so much, that wanted to wear immediately. But after some time ,a yoke pattern idea came to mind. I tried it on this tunic-

da bl yk on bl tunic fabric

I used dark blue striped fabric for yoke. Hence the heading ‘dark blue yoke on blue tunic’ – actually Iam running out of names of the tunics I post. I name them for my reference,though, it is getting hard.
This yoke pattern is made of motif border.I left the centre space empty.the tailor did a decorative neckline. I have the pattern , if anyone is interested
The motif is worked in two colours of thread and embellished with beads.
The embroidery started with the variegated thread outline, the first colour on the motif-

da bl yk on blu tunic-starting

Rest on my next post.

This is the last post on this tunic.I am uploading the completed tunic and the basic pattern on which I worked this yoke.
The picture of the tunic –

floral t w violet y-1

The close up of the same yoke, the tailor changed the neck design which I had drawn earlier.

floral t wviolet y-closeup

This is the basic pattern on which I had embroidered this yoke-

floral t w violet yoke- pattern

I am on vacation now , and have been scheduling the posts on my blog.

Now pink colour thread is used to fill the remaining florals.And white colour thread is worked in backstitch to outline all the filled patterns.now all the colours of the tunic fabric are used.
The yoke-

floral t w violet y-wip pink

After this the completed yoke was stitched with square shaped  pink and violet stones. The fully completed yoke-

floral t w violet y- stones

The completed tunic on my post.

This yoke pattern is made of florals and leaves, after working with blue thread, the next one was medium green colour, I used this and light green for filling the leaves with herringbone stitches.
The yoke completed with [m] green thread-

floral t w violet y-wip mgreen

The next colour was light green, this was used for filling with herringbone stitches , and stem stitches.

f tunic wviolet ywip l green

A dark pink colour thread was used sparingly for the centre pattern. As I mentioned earlier, this is a very simple yoke pattern.
More details follows .

This tunic  was a synthetic floral printed fabric. I predominantly work on cotton fabrics, some times I work on silk fabrics too. This yoke is worked in silk .
The tunic fabric-

floral tunic fabric

I wanted the yoke to be a simple one. The yoke itself was big, the motifs also big, but the embroidery was simple, I filled the motifs in herring bone stitches and outlined them with back stitches.
The yoke started with the blue colour thread-

floral t w violet y-wip blue

At first I had planned on filling the motifs with chain stitches, but while working, found that they took a lot of time to be filled,so I switched to herringbone filling. This picture shows both.

More on my next post.

« Previous PageNext Page »