September 2010

The 20th week stitch of  the stitch challenge-TAST 2010 is buttonhole wheel cup.

Earlier in  this challenge, we had done raised cup st and buttonhole bullion flower st. So I am not left with many choices for variations.the stitch sampler-

 I started with making some individual variations-

Buttonhole wheel cup st-1

Added-Spider’s wheel,2 rows of buttonhole wheel, palistrina st, detached chain,fly st and quarter buttonhole wheel cup[Can I call it that?]-

Buttonhole wheel cup st-2

3 wheels touching each other,bead in the centre, beads outside the st,oval version of the stitch.After these experiments,I started arranging this stitch  in lines,

Since it took 2 journeys to complete the stitch,I made short rows.

Half buttonhole wheel, quarter wheel,variation of quarter wheel,half wheels arranged front and back.

buttonhole wheel cup-3

Here I did up and down version,tried weaving around the quarter wheel variation,then kept adding half wheels, to form a row, later made 3 cuncurrent wheels .

buttonhole wheel cup-4

Half wheels go around the stitch to form a pattern[?], My idea of using this stitch as a leaf , fell flat because, I used violet colour thread. Now for the full sampler-

buttonhole wheel cup st sampler


 Though I tried a few variations,the overall effect is not very neat

Less of – patience,or mastery over the stitch,or creative energy,or correct thread tension.

Anyone or combination of the above could be the reason.

After saying this, I ‘ll move on to the next stitch-

Slipped detached chain

This tunic was done, sometime ago.

There is  ‘Post  a photo of..’ challenge on Stitchin fingers group.Last time the title was couching, I couln’t add any photos.

This time it is ‘Beading’. I have been experimenting with beads and sequins for some time,this tunic also falls under that category.

 The fabric is synthetic crepe.the design idea I got from going around shops.

I did the embroidery after stitching the tunic[by Tailor ,ofcourse] I used anchor  cotton skeins and antique sequins and beads. The stitches chosen were quite simple  line stitches. Now for the tunic-

brown crepe-1


 the close up of the Yoke-

Brown crepe-2

Preview of the next post-