March 2009


This  is the 2nd picture I had designed earlier for doing  assissi embroidery.I have maintained the basic idea of miniature [Indian]  in this also. This is also a symmetrical floral design.

st-ex006

I did not work on the blackwork filling patterns ,when I designed these pictures.Along with working on the design, I had to calculate on the overall blackwork pattern too.I am doing  a different pattern for each picture, just to give myself a variety.assissi005

 

I stitched my initials on the big flower petal.

assissi003

The picture allignment is not good, too late to do something about it.

Little imperfections are part of the trade!

The border is a geometrical pattern.

This is not a square weave  cloth, it is rectangular. Important detail-which I overlooked, while calculating the number of squares for the designs,.Fortunately I found that before I started working, and added 10 squares to the width and adjusted.

st-ex009I was waiting for this ,from the moment I joined the stitch explorer challenge.

March’challenge- assisssi embroidery was on my to do list.I had designed small pictures last year, but the right time never came, to work on them.

Now I can  work on the challenge and project together- I started on my first  5 days ago-

Design- I was inspired by the mughal miniatures when I was designing the pictures. Inner design is derived from that.

st-ex004

The border was  a geometrical pattern. the finished picture-

st-ex007

 I already had this IKEA frame, and this was the reason,I designed the pattern.

 I enjoyed working on this, thankyou Sharon.

After I came from my trip to Madras,I wanted to work on my stitch challenge, before I write a post.

I joined this stitch explore challenge to learn new types of embroidery

I started on my challenge one month late. I have been aware of chicken scratch while I was browsing,but  thought, I ‘ll  learn at a later date. Iam happy to work on this now, with all the relevant information given, I started to do samples,emb004

 

 

This time I’ll work on 4inches square cloth.gc006

 

 

 

 

 

 

I bought some gingham and checked shirting material from Bombay dyeing,

I browsed through the sites and blogs, and chose a few patterns to work .

gc025

The green and red are gingham material, for some reason the colours run a bit.

gc021

for white thread I used anchor perle cotton no-8, for the colours I worked on anchor cotton skeins.It was difficult to pierce the fabric with tapestry needle ,while using perle cotton.

All my samplers put together

chicken-scratch-1emb013

gc013

It has more than a month since I wrote a post. I went to India  to participate in the engagement of my nephew,Bablu.. This is an arranged marriage.The bride’s name is Gayathri- very sweet girl. group

 I had  a wonderful time. On the auspisious time ,the priest reads aloud the marriage invitation, so we made adecorative panels[madal] to stick the invitation-madal-blue     

 

 

   madal-orange                          the bride’s            groom                                                                             

 

 

 

I made 2 boxes to store these panels-box-orange

box-blue

 

 

 

We also made a thoran[flower arrangement on the entry way]

we tied short artificial  flower strips together , to achieve this result-thoran

The previous day was the valentine’s day- for this we  designed a chocolate bouquet-chocolate-bouquet

I also enjoyed embroidering  my nephews kurthas-bablu-kurtha  bala-kurtha

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wore a kancheevaram silk sari[veldhari- horizontalgold thread all over]

Iam here with my manni[brother’s wife] . these are her sons. The dark green sari is our family friend-tast-123

I’ll continue  with my embroidery details from the next post. Thankyou  all for all the wonderful comments , you have taken effort to send.  These are helping me a lot.I’ll deal with your requests for your tutorials. after I tackle my stitch challenges, I have just started on my stitch explorer challenge.-chicken scratch