This tunic  is my first effort  on chikan[shadow] work. I wanted to do a overall design. most difficult part of the work was transfering the design to the georgette fabric.When I pinned the fabric to the pattern, it  refused to stay loyal to the pattern.measuring and marking didn’t work at all.My eyes were the only guideline for symmetry.wherever I drew  a pattern, my left hand was fixed over the area.because if this, I got tired pretty quickly.Tranfering took a long time.I just drew the lines and omitted the petals and leaves, which I embroidered approximately.All the drawing was on the wrong side,my mistakes got lost on this[what a relief].For the border I used readymade zari border in parrot green.


dsc00637  the parrot green isn’t seen.